Friday, June 3, 2022

Out with the old...

 

What flick is this from?

Mostaza does not equal hero, my hero days are over, but I have many masks at my disposal...this one courtesy of my old pal and, fellow Humboldt State alumni and stellar musician, Jess Hilliard)...I will have to feature some of his music here shortly.  Anyway, the mask thing...we all wear them, some of us have a subconscious closet full and they can be used in a variety circumstances, but speaking for myself, I only show my real face to those I care about.  I just accepted a new position and will have to polish off the old work mask(s).  The one I wear most commonly, the public one, is a polite one, unless I have to change quickly to the one with a largish touch of indifference, because there is absolutely no reason to be unkind, unless I am faced with rudeness (more and more common amongst folks these days).  These days I find myself wearing the "whatever" mask more and more frequently...I have to be careful as I run the risk of forgetting what the real me looks like.  Remember that Twilight Zone with horribly accurate masks that a dying man insists that his children wear until he is dead?  I miss shows like that, meaningful and thought provoking....

Upon asking my bro Brian what was spinning on his virtual turntable, after much deliberation and heavy discussion, we came to the conclusion that it was time for some Neurosis.  I was a huge fan of the earlier stuff, while this was the transition album that spiraled them into the beast that they became and I'm assuming still are today.
Sacrifice your security
Sell your identity, integrity
Give till it hurts, give some more, give it all away
Sacrifice yourself
The choice I made is my own

In the comments on the previous video somebody suggested this tune tune as having a similar vibe.

Joe commented: "Well, that SUCKED! Thanks for nothing!!" ...the only comment I have on this CDr that I released a while back, when I posted it on fucking YT...my new moto!



I dreamed about you
I was a part of you
I was the left hand of God
Which gave mankind innocence
I was loved by you
And i said to you
Bring back the light
Brighten the heart of your bride
Babylon it's time to rise
Lucifer will bring the light
Lucifer, I cry
You asked me why i'm crying why i'm lying
I said this is not the light i'm looking for
This light leads to a dark desire
To let me fall in eternal fire
Babylon it's time to rise
Lucifer will bring the light
Lucifer, I cry
You said: don't you know it's the light God has created
Look your right hand takes what the left one leaves for it
Don't fight against what you are and always will be
This is no heresy
These hands killed without guilt
This heart burns in repentance
These hands killed without guilt
This dream is lost in repentance
Babylon it's time to rise
Lucifer will bring the light
Lucifer, I cry
Lucifer who cries
Lucifer this part dies
Lucifer this part dies
Lucifer: A star on high




4 comments:

  1. Great to see you're blogging again! I have a couple public masks to hide the real me, though I find it's getting harder and harder to maintain the charade. Still, gotta do what you gotta do, right? Just great to see you back, I look forward to this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! i am about to loose my internet connection, but hope i can get something to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clip is from Orphan

    ReplyDelete
  4. the clip is from Orphan.

    ReplyDelete