Thursday, October 27, 2022

Introspectively Introverted

GIF I made the other day from the (colorized version of the) flick, Metropolis (1927)
 


I think he really is dead in this pic???  I don't want to hear anything about whatever pretend mustache you might have, you can talk to Fred about that...haha!!!


My long time virtual pal Panos reminded me of this album he did back in 2014 and specifically this tune, Νέα ευρωπαϊκή κόλαση, welcome to neurope!  ..."keep trying even though the world is dying, as Nietzsche said "dance over the abyss"

"Europeans are killing each other again

money is not enough again

berlin is on fire again

surrealism became real politic again

new European hell

civilization is rising from the shits again and again...

history is a nightmare that we are trying to wake up from"


Know very little about my old man, but these were his peeps from 1895, perhaps that makes them my peeps too...they look like they would be a blast to hang out with.

Best fan made video ever!!!


Not much to say, if I was a legit writer, it would be called writer's block, but old Mustard is going through an introspective phase at the moment...haha...whatever that means...right?  Anyway this tune was spinning on my virtual turntable about an hour ago and for shits and grins I decided to see if it was on fucking YT, but it wasn't...so it took me about an hour to rectify that.  The VA - Bullshit Detector comp on Crass Records (1980), where it comes from, is there in it's entirety and there's a rather nice cover of it too...and now there is the original!  So there ya go, my good deed for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment