Sunday, October 2, 2022

Up & Downer

Want to announce that at the moment I am feeling the blog again, so much so, that I have a couple future posts I want to hype...

My pals from Molosser, Jahn and Tess, got a hold of me way back about a new tune, but with a much different vibe...Molosser CRUDE.  Life takes us away from life sometimes and both this out-fucking-standing duo and myself were caught up with other projects...ya know?  Anyway expect two new songs and an Interview on the very next post, just have some editing to do.  Also..


Got this email here a couple of days ago, "My name is Steve, I have a small, indie publishing company here in Philadelphia. I wanted to share a quick excerpt from our new book with you. The book is If It’s Tuesday This Must Be Walla Walla: The Wacky History of Adrenalin O.D. by AOD drummer and founding member, Dave Scott Schwartzman. It is a very funny book with lots of tour stories, photos, and flyers. We’ve posted an excerpt ahead of the book’s October 31 release date. It’s a charming little tale of taking LSD and going to a petting zoo while traversing the wilds of the American Midwest. While there are many laughs, this book is also a great history of the American hardcore punk movement of the early ‘80s."  I actually know Steve from a similar request he made on the Mustard Relics blog for a book by an old virtual pal of mine, Freddy Alva, called Urban Styles.  Anyway, expect a review of this book after the above interview.
 

 These days I stay completely out of politics, when folks start talking, this or that on the topic, I tell them I'm a spiritual person, not a political one...throws them for a loop cuz they have to define for themselves what that means.  Let's face it, there is a lot of dim, ignorant, short sighted people in this world...easily manipulated. My last political act was feeling the Bern and getting rid of social media.  I spend more time now observing and refining the art of introspection.  It's like they tell you when you get the safety messages that no one listens to before take off on a plane...put your oxygen mask on first before helping others with theirs. 


My bro Brian and I were talking about this 24hr long mixtape I've been working on (the hardest part is making sure it's just one song per artist).  He asked me if I'd ever listened to Hank 3 and I honestly had to say no except I knew he had a connection to the almighty AntiSeen...doing their one of a kind rendition of a Roky classic!


Went down a Hank 3 rabbit hole there a for a few and while some of his views might be dubious to some, the dude (and his band) fucking slay.


This one is pretty much brand new and goes out to anyone who had hard time setting down the needle and the spoon...much respect!


Had this on tape since it first started hitting the tape trader circuit shortly after the show in 1986.  Got it from either, good old Ron Kuka (rip) or bitchin Bob Kasitz (Lack of Interest, Deep Six Records).  I like both the 90s version of FCDN Tormentor quite a bit, but this 86 stuff was heavily on my radar.  I've never used this phrase (to my knowledge) but these guys were HIGHLY underrated.  Imagine if bands like these guys and Dead Horse would've been at the forefront instead of Metallica and their ilk.  How about just wiping the whole sunset strip hair metal scene off the chalkboard and install FCDN Tormentor!  




1 comment:

  1. hey it's ritchie/nazz here- glad to see yer back among the cyber-livin

    ReplyDelete