Saturday, January 7, 2023

Like a burnt out light bulb...


2023! 


I know it's just Hollywood, but for me, it makes me question the reality of my existence, whatever fucking reality that is...mine seems glaringly inconsistent throughout the year.  I suppose on the grandest of scales it's unimportant as I'm just going to keep doing, whatever the fuck that is.  I like the Gnostic themes (among many others) in the Matrix and in just recently contemplating the flick I decided to check out Wikipedia's entry for it.  I was very disappointed by the failure of getting into any kind of detail regarding those Gnostic themes (but you can't please everyone and for most of my life pleasure has been fleeting...I blame it on chemical imbalances in my brain).  I did like where the author(s) of the article mention "Morpheus paraphrases the Chinese Taoist philosopher Zhuangzi when he asks Neo, "Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference from the real world and the dream world?"  Now that's some heavy shit!  The author(s) also mention a book called the Exegesis of Philip K. Dick, which I would love to get (not remembering the last time I sat down and read a book from cover to cover) but it goes for quite a bit, even used.  Exegesis, was a word frequently used during the Abrahamic (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) portions of classes I took as a Religious Studies major...exegesis is "critical explanation or interpretation of a text, especially of scripture."

Coffee and cigarettes...residual effects of being a 12 stepper, I suppose.  Was interviewing this young gal at my job and in the middle of it, I had to take a break to go take a piss.  When I got back, knowing that I was going to hire her, I told her that I smoke a lot and drink pots of ice coffee a day (hence the bathroom break). I thought of incident as I was sitting here in my cave smoking a low budget ciggy from Mebane, North Carolina and having a gulp of low budget, home made, iced coffee out of my Yeti cup...my prized Yeti cup was a gift from my Son's close bro (and therefore my close bro), Strap, who gave it to me a couple visits back.  And then it made think of that opening line of the Conservatives song "Suburban Bitch" from the epic Hell Comes To Your House Comp (1981)...

"Coffee and cigarettes, small talk and bullshit!"


Great song, but this is the one (two in one) here, I used to always put on comp tapes I made for people back in the day...the whole Hell Comes To Your House comp is well worth a listen if you never have.


"I Like Cola!"  There is absolutely nothing like 80s Japanese hardcore punk and if you don't see that, I can't help you.  I'd like to do a post with nothing but that, but this here Hardcore Unlawful Assembly comp, have to admit the 1st song is a little silly and there's some misses, but it is a great place to start if you're interested and if you aren't, then I can't help you.


I know I posted this on the old blog, but what the hell, a performance this important deserves all the play time it can get.  Two dudes absolutely killing it, it fucking gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment