Tuesday, August 29, 2023

perhaps, perpetually petulant


Been taking my Granddaughter on trips (she's been staying with me for a couple months), or really she has been taking me on the trips as a means of her practicing her driving skills. We are early on in this diving thing for her, so I have her drive dirt roads that aren't frequently travelled so she doesn't have to navigate with other drivers and can focus on more of the basics. This is a view as we head to the town of Bogue (pop. 100). We talk a lot on these drives, my general theme of discussion is reminding her that life can be very harsh and that people can be extremely evil (including yourself)...hahah...cheery stuff, ya know? Her teenage naivete is amazing and her upbringing has, left her clueless...seriously clueless. Oh well, I can't fix her 15+ years of indoctrination into the finer points of being a victim, with excuses for all her faults and no measure of personal responsibility. Was I that ignorant at that age? I know, at the very least, I may have been idealistic, but I had some street smarts and really, at least a clue...Mom made sure of that. On the other hand, young minds will surprise you sometimes, when they point out something astute. For example, she was talking about traffic, which she has no clue about the significant amount of time I have spent in bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic, but she pointed out that people complain about traffic and yet they sit there in midst of it..."they are traffic"...hahah!


Don't kill sheep!


Willie knows!


Tremendously enjoyed this version!


Had a visitor to Mostazas cave...


This song is my advice to the youth of today...


Mr. P, the dog, the myth...!






No comments:

Post a Comment