Friday, December 22, 2023

absolutely indefinite

Is the suit a costume or a way of life?


Found that this wasn't on the fucking tube, so put it up, in all it's sloppy, poorly mixed, broken snare perfection...plus it fucking Wehrmacht!


Absolutely love this remix from the Lords of Salem flick I just found (discovered "you" might say)...

Criminally overlooked legends. I was introduced to them by good old Ron Kuka (RIP) the summer of '88 and have never looked back. Dead Horse sits quite comfortably and appropriately in my top five Metal acts. Fave tune has always been Forgive at the 54:00 mark...

Dear God
Accept my apology
I never believed in you
I only believed in me

Dead as I lie
My horse and I
I took what I need the most
Forgive and forget
But I'll ride you any how
Please don't take me yet

Dead as I lie
My horse and I
Dead horse
To send you back the way you came
Dead horse
Running through your veins
Has not to do with horsemen
Or waging Satan's war
And if you ride a dead horse
You won't be riding very far

Reading the comments I got the vibe that folks were just fixated on how beautiful the "hippy chick" is/was, which indeed she is and quite charismatic, but I knew what she was saying, despite the apparently condescending nature of the interviewer...if you have dosed, even once, then you "know" what she is talking about. 


This song was my introduction to Sparklehorse by way of a wonderful woman in my life, way back when, who unfortunately was a casualty of my alcoholic self. This particular song, at the time, reminded me of using heroin for some reason.

My kitty Bandit :) 💖

2 comments:

  1. A few thoughts. Wehrmacht rules the land! I prefer the novelization of the Lords of Salem, it's a bit less goofy. And Dead Horse rules, you got me into them. They remastered Horsecore and a couple other eps, and brickwalled the living shit out of em.

    I also come to promote just a little. A friend's label put out two of the best albums of this year. Helms Deep (trad metal with John from Raven on bass and the drummer from Malignancy), and Colony Drop (amazing thrash/crossover) check those two out, I think you'll love em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Elliott! I will check the bands out, thanks as always for the tip(s). Take it easy buddy...

    ReplyDelete