Saturday, December 31, 2022

Lethal Dose Of Life



A Charlie Brown Apocalypse...I would pay to see that cartoon.  Not sure who the artist is, but I'll be damned if Snoopy isn't right there by his side.  Let's see what Mr. Pickles is up to...pre-apocalypse planning I'm sure...


Yup as I thought...planning and I have a feeling that it will be a sad outcome, but everything looks sad to a Bassett.


This was on one of the Bullshit Detector comps, although this is the album version from a few years later, but it still resonates heavily with me. Been listening to this for almost 40 years and have never quite figured out all the lyrics, but sure enough they are out "there" (a little Mustard wisdom for you, beware "there")...

What can you hold in your hand when you die?
What are you missing when you don't even try?
Can you see the future written on a card?
It might not happen, but it's ever so hard
How can you own when you don't own you?
How can you decide when you don't know what's true?
What do you see in the rest of your life?
"I see prosperity," it's ever so nice
What do you feel at the end of the day?
What do you think do you mean what you say?
Can you talk to neighbours, do you have to shout?
Have you ever wondered what it's all about?
What do you see in the palm of your hand?
What will you do with what you have found?
Have to go soon back to where you came
Will we remember even your name?



When you're in the shit, some might say, it will get better, but having been there, I am sometimes tempted to respond...it will probably get worse.  Fucked up my knee on my 16th birthday playing soccer for the high school team (I sucked hence JV...yup old Mostaza was briefly a jock, although unless you're really good, futbol is not too jocky).  Hurt like a mother fucker when I did and I did it good, some serious damage, but the post op reminded my that the worst was yet to come.  You're supposed lay in bed with the leg elevated, but when you get up to take a piss or shit, all that blood runs back into the wound...worst pain I ever felt.  Whenever a doctor asks me what my pain level is at between 1 and 10, I have to preface my answer with the understanding that in my min 9 and ten are reserved for amputation type shit...this was as close to 9 as I ever want to get.  Then fucking crutches for 6 months. Funny, not haha funny but my surgeon was a field surgeon in Vietnam and told me one visit, because I was wearing an army shirt, that if I was planning on a military career that I couldn't pass the physical much less go through boot camp.  Interestingly enough I was planning on a military career...hahahah.


Didn't know they had a live version on fucking tube...always impressed by "electronic" music being done outside the studio.


Perfect representation of my thoughts as I find myself waking up to 2023...regardless brothers and sisters, I authentically wish y'all nothing but the best in the year to come and at the least improvement in whatever you might think floats your boat...cuz a floating boat should be a bare minimum.  Cheers to those who have been tight throughout the year...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment