Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Not ha ha funny...


Bruce was my hero as a kid, he was everything I'm not today, but I'm not dead, so there's that, I guess.  You ever wish you knew how it was all going to play out, based on the choices you make (oopsie, can I get a do-over)? I should be dead like 10 times over, as dead as an animal in the road that's been run over so many times you can't tell what kind of critter it was to begin with...as my oldest pal, Kevin, is known to say, "no longer roadkill, it's just road." Bruce's cause of death, when I just looked it up was Cerebral edema, but when I was a kid, I remember reading somewhere that it was "misadventure caused by a headache tablet." I suppose there's usually a story behind the story.


@ 01:17 I love that line, "I said but I'm tired..."
This vid comes brought to you by my old pal and former bandmate, Brian F, who picked my second favorite Thorogood tune, to vid...my first being "I Drink Alone" because it was my mantra for several years at the dawn of the millennia.  Anyway, thanx B! Lots of juicy lines in this song, but this one has always hooked me...'cuz I'm kinda funny too...
 
So I go down the streets
Down to my good friend's house
I said look man I'm outdoors you know
Can I stay with you maybe a couple days?
He said let me go and ask my wife
He come out of the house
I could see it in his face
I know that was no
He said I don't know man ah she kinda funny, you know
I said I know, everybody funny, now you funny too


I may have posted the studio version on this or that blog, but this live version of "Pain" by Boy Harsher is out-fucken-standing! Did a cursory google search and the are originally from Savannah, Georgia...who knew. The omnipresent google lists their possible genres as Dark wave, Electronic body music, Cold wave, Industrial music, Minimal wave, Electropop, Dance/Electronic...that's a mouthful...and, yet, their musical style is simplified as, "danceable electro pop." The RdM blog, might posit that this duo could be described as, vocally superior, electronical rad-ness.
 

During my work from homes days during the worst of the Covid phenomenon, I started having conversations with Mr. Pickles...he's definitely one of my best friends.  The more I get to know him, the more I see how my personality has affected him...poor guy.  He's a chill dog, but when he's unhappy everyone knows it, hahah, dude makes a hell of a lot of commotion...a lot of ripples when a rock splashes in a pond, ya know?


My high school chum and lifelong brother Davrick, was the co-Live Performance Cinematographer with his buddy Doug Tiano on this here video!  The outfit is called Geronimo and the compositions called, "Obsolete".  Simply amazing...where's the mushrooms when you need 'em.  Intense visuals and captivating music.  Haven't said this in a while but, tripouttanis!


No comments:

Post a Comment