Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Ridiculously Happy People


 Anybody else feel like dancing?  Ha! Yeah, me neither...but then again, who among us is James Brown cool...I think not.



Whelp, I mentioned in another post having sent a message to the Haus Arafna label Galakthorrö about getting on their mailing list and "asking if perhaps they might answer a few questions from old Mustard" but sadly, the answer was...nope.  

"Hi Justin & a Happy New Year also to you!
Sorry for the late response. There's always a lot to do at the turn of the year.
Thanks for your address (it's added to our mailing list), for your kind words and for the link to your blog (interesting!).
Thank you also for the request in reference to an interview with Haus Arafna.
I'm afraid, there's simply no time for it - too many plans and deadlines in the next time.
I'm sorry... and I hope, you can understand that.
From Germany with love -
Karin Galakthorrö"

Their composition above is earlier than the stuff I've posted before, from their 2010 "You" album, this being from 1998s "Children of God". It reminds me immensely of that harsh earlier 80s stuff from outfits like (Japan's) Grim and (Australia's) SPK. 


Love these guys! Mis compadres en Comadreja de Jardín...


Mentioned SPK earlier and when I did I got to thinking that no eclectic music blog is complete without at least one mention of their compositions. So I got to thinking, again, which one I would like to premiere here. Thinking, yet again, I'd like to do a live one, so why not "Suture Obsession".  Went to good old f'n youtube and found that they had several live versions, but not my favorite one (the one in London on Halloween 1982).  Hmmm...well, I've got nothing better to do most of the time, so I uploaded that one (this blogging thing can take time, ya know?).  So, after all that, there it is...


4 things about this incognito photo...

1. Man, I fucking dig that hat...it's where my Son works and I'll tell you I have never had a seafood experience as good as the Fish Hut Grill has to offer (maybe once)! Many years ago when I was in Venezuela, took a boat trip off the coast of an island called Isla de Coche, simply a beautiful place.  We stopped in some shallow water and pulled up a few scallops...cracked open the shells and with a little lime juice, proceeded to eat the best scallops I have ever eaten.  Well the Fish Hut Grill on Emerald Isle, off the coast of North Carolina, is that fucking good...say howdy to my boy if you ever have the fortune to be there.
2. A mask from my buddy Shawn which I shared on an earlier post. Made me think about the Rona, as I called it and how life, mine in particular (cuz it's my blog...duh), has changed since the Covid age began.  Pretty sure I got the Rona a couple month before it was announced that it had arrived here.  I was terribly sick with all the wonderfully miserable, comatose inducing, symptoms and got tested for influenza A & B but, both were negative, so I was diagnosed with an "unidentified virus".  Talk about a crappy four days.  Anyway, then it hits big time here in NoWhere Kansas, clients and staff sick, and for me working from home.  You know what that did...made me not want to work anymore...tired of working, been working for a paycheck since I was 14.  And for what? I take full credit for the circumstances of my life, by my poor choices, but damn what's that worth and I gotta pay people so I can continue to live it?  Hmmm...oh well.
3. Then there's the flipping off the camera thing, not saying I haven't done it (obviously, here we have proof positive), but was never a huge fan.  When I look back and think now, it's really kind of silly, but to each his own right? Silly ain't the worst thing you can be.
4. The unicursal hexagram on my prominent middle finger, in case you were wondering (if not...fuck off...haha), is for my Mom, who was a wiccan/occult type person.  This six pointed star was made popular by a guy named Aleister Crowley, but was first suggested several centuries earlier by a dude named Giordano Bruno in his 1588 paper Essays upon the Mathematics of Mordente: One Hundred and Sixty Articles against the Mathematicians and Philosophers of this Age. Pretty heavy shit, reminding me of all the philosophy classes I took in college for the degree.  Anyway...


...loved my Mom's. This tune goes out to my Son's gal Kailee 💗


This tat was done by Danny Chapman over at Fantasy Graphics East in Hays fucking Kansas...the same bitchen artist that did the unicursal hexagram.  He asked me if I wanted the picture on the right exactly as it was and I let him know that he was the artist, to do his thing (plus leave off the hand holding the cup, because I didn't like how it messed up the symmetry and the text, as it could be added later).  It is so me, I love what he did with it. Can you tell I dig coffee...a lot?


This tune goes out to my old friend Diosa who may never see this post but...I'm thinking about you and hope you and the boys are well. I think you would dig this tune and lyrics.

I'm not so I don't
I can't so I won't
I could but I shouldn't
But I can't so I wouldn't
I might but I can't
I've got so I don't
I would but I shouldn't
But I not so sure I couldn't
Say what you mean
Mean what you say
Say what you mean
Don't say it mean
Say what you say what you say what you mean!
I can't go on like this
I didn't understand a word you said
You didn't mean to not to
But you didn't cuz you couldn't
But you would've if you could've
And you might but you wouldn't
Say what you mean
Mean what you say
Say what you mean
Don't say it mean
Say what you say what you say what you mean!
For today will soon be yesterday
Tomorrow will be today
And I'm waiting every day
For you to
Say what you mean
Mean what you say
Say what you mean
Don't say it mean
Say what you say what you say what you mean!
Will you say what you mean?
Will you mean what you say?
You try to tell me but I don't quite understand
What you think how you feel where you stand
You open up your mouth and then you start to quit
Why don't you just come out and say it!?!
Say what you mean
Mean what you say
Say what you mean
Don't say it mean
Say what you say what you say what you mean!









No comments:

Post a Comment