Sunday, March 19, 2023

like a big hunk of lead


Thinking about a lot of shit tonight including Mom (RIP) & Son & the hefty mustached Mostaza as he ventures into a netherworld...ahhh, I crack myself up sometimes, especially after hitting B's Ice Cream Cone a little too hard...


Put a song off this album out there (where?), a post or two ago, was fixated momentarily longer than I thought I would be. And then a couple days ago I sent a lengthy email to an old, dear friend about my thoughts and examples of what I thought was Proto-Punk...into the wee hours of the morning So today I revisited the likes of Electric wizard and got to thinking about Proto-Metal. EW are really a 4th generation band of their particular fragment of that 1969/70 supernova...or are they?


Black Sabbath - 1st generation (1970)


Saint Vitus - 2nd generation (1984)


Sleep - 3rd generation (1994)


And so on into the 00s of the 4th generation and beyond.

Reminiscing now, thought of an old blog that started a couple years after I started blogging in late 2007. 
definitely worthy of checking out id you haven't done so
and then I got to thinking that I should have listened to some of my pals and not given up on the old blog...ce la vie


Then my brain took me Soundgarden and got me to thinking about if they were somehow connected to all that, somewhere in there (and where the heck does the NWOBHM fit in to this puzzle???). Most definitely heavy enough, but kind like a stoner with a touch of meth...idk...hahah. It was on like Donkey Kong around this time for old Mostaza...in the a 90's that are just a blurrr now. I think that all those years of "good" times has caught up with me both mentally and physically.  "Looking California but feeling Minnesota.  Naw, I feel like I'm 70, which is two years long than I expect to live...haha...talk about borrowed time

I wrote this on Tuesday night the 14th and just did a tired proofreading.  Decided to post a tune that has nothing to do with the other songs in this post (except that Black Flag and Saint Vitus were tight).  This is my favorite Black Flag song and I believe it was written by Chuck Dukowski but I could be wrong


This feeling haunts me
Behind these eyes, the shell seems so empty
Though I wonder if anything lives inside?
I wanna live
I wish I was dead
My heart aches to bleed
I'm cheated from what I see
Freedom holds a double-edge for me
I look in your eyes and see
I wanna live
I wish I was dead
I don't wanna think
I'm stuck here and I know it
I don't wanna see
Make me close my eyes
I wanna live
I wish I was dead
Life's cold and it reaches inside
I need to feel but turn my mind off
The desperation begins
From the start, I see the end
Not right, I'm not right, you're not right
I've gotta close my eyes
I look in your eyes
And I see it's always this way
Live the lie, take a dive
Just to make it die
I wanna live
I wish I was dead
I've just got to close my eyes
I've got to close my eyes
I've got to close my eyes

2 comments:

  1. Love you, your mama and your boy SO much. And you're one hell of a writer and educator, my punk professor of sorts sweet friend. Love (you more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about "more" but I certainly miss you my friend :)

      Delete