Saturday, April 22, 2023

"there is no loot"

 


I desperately wish this gif had sound...ominously quiet...so hurry up and listen to some music...any music!


I'll start it out with something that hits home for me...the Mostaza Saga...the sentiment of this song is universal. Unfortunately, this is the only recording of the song on the tube and early on there is an audible skip in the record, which bugs me to no end. Also unfortunate, is the fact that I am too lazy to put up a proper version, which would also include a scan of the bands entry on the fold out sleeve. Both my scanner and turntable are covered in crap like books and records and CDs and whatnot...so nope (no twists or surprise endings in my story...never has been)!


Whelp, got off my ass...


...stolen from somewhere...reminding us (me) to chill in the most papal of ways!


POGO POPE POGO...


My bro Alex turned me onto these guys recently, which sent me down a Brown Sabbath rabbit hole...quite an enjoyable journey!


Reminds me of the first time I took acid when I was 14 with Roy "Hamsterhead" Miyake, watching Led Zepplin's "Song Remains The Same"


Hands down my favorite Black Flag song. I don't care who your favorite singer is for the band, but when Chuck wrote this, Henry happened to be the singer. I would like to have heard it with all the other singers, coincidence made it Henry's job. If you look on the tube for a live version it is nowhere to be found, I like this one though with the spanish subtitles. I met Chuck in about '86 when I saw SWA and some other bands...I remember he was very friendly, a little trippy and had definitely been around the scene for a while...I, on the other hand, some dumb punk kid.


This one is for my Mom cuz I miss her and she loved CCR...


A picture I took of the biggest flock of Snow Geese I have ever seen, from back in January


My pal Carmen caught me napping at a company event...work hard, nap harder! Getting old y'all requires occasional spontaneous rest...know what I mean?




No comments:

Post a Comment