Thursday, May 11, 2023

"his air hose broke"


Audrey Hepburn was something else, way back when everybody smoked. Now I walk past someone with a lit cigarette and half the time the will do this fake cough thing that annoys the fuck outta me. I am naturally very Bukowski-esque when it comes to people like that and want them the fuck away from me, 1000x as much as they want me away from them. At least I know that I'm a piece of shit with a deathwish, what's your fucking excuse? Notice how she's powering that thing down in this gif I sort altered from a found one...that's the vibe I feel when I've gone to deep into my own god damned head, which seems more frequently than any other time in this tumultuous existence of mine. Hell is something very real in my head...a head that's damaged beyond it's genetic predisposition by decades of self inflicted, synaptic chaos further compounded by prescribed "it's bad when you forget your medicine"...just want to enjoy my coffee, cigs and herb...serving out my time, not fearing the end, more, just kinda hoping that it comes sooner than later. Hahah...reading back over this paragraph make my want to write a blues song. There is talk of another reunion of sorts for Garden Weasel (the self proclaimed spokesmen for the "Humboldt County Stoner Hardcore Society" and maybe giving a few new tunes a go, so some lyrics rooted in my now could definitely be in order...

Audrey Hepburn was something else
Way back when everyone smoked
When smoking I'll walk past people
So they can do the fake cough thing 

Bukowski-esque when it comes to people
Want them the fuck away from me
I'm a piece of shit with a death wish
What's you're fucking excuse

I chain smoke those fuckers
Chased down by a gallon of coffee
Perfect when I'm deep in my head
In that hole carefully dug by hand

Mush brained and genetically disposed
Decades of self abuse and poor choices
With a head shrinker's decades of advice
"it's bad when you forget your medicine"

Coffee cigs and herb
Serving out my time
Not fearing the end
Not scared to be dead

Sooner or later
it's going to happen
I'll say when it does
"I expected it sooner"

I don't need your pretend notions of a hell
The only hell I know is right here right now
I don't need your pretend notions of a hell
The only hell I know is right here right now


Harvey had it right...


The Beastie Boys had it right...


I've been to a lot of shows, but never saw the almighty DRI...seen a lot of videos of shows, but rarely do you find a gem like this. 1980 fucking 4 dude, and this was American Hardcore Punk at it's very finest...these four dudes were all spot on (Eric Brecht on drums is un-fucking-believable), the crowd doesn't look much like they were witnessing what is in fact one the best shows they were ever going to have the honor of being at. In 83 the Dirty Rotten Imbeciles released what was probably the most insanely brutal, aural assaults ever put to vinyl, in the Dirty Rotten EP and then, here, they show that they are no bullshit when it comes to performing that same stuff live. 87, the year I graduated high school, was a horrible year for the band when they "crossed over" in my opinion, at the time and, perhaps unfairly, I haven't given their Crossover LP a listen since. Tried the 4 of a Kind LP too, in 88, but nope, never again. That may seem small minded, but the fact is, that they were a 1000x better at pulling off the Hardcore Punk thing, in fact they defined it...you want Cross Over listen to what Excel was doing in 85...


  Excel was on my radar thanx to my old junior high pals Ron (rip) and Bob...must've mentioned them a million times on the old blog as being very adept pals at enlightening me to new "extreme" music, back in the day.
 

Bedtime for Mr. P and I...have a good, whatever it is that floats your boat.







1 comment:

  1. I remember the Suicidals wore hats with Excel on the popped up brim

    ReplyDelete