Friday, July 21, 2023

Travelling Song...

 

Just this vid, in this post, my 40th at RdM, and a few words about it...whelp, maybe a more than a few, cuz in real life I'm so self absorbed that it's almost like I enjoy it, but fuck it, right? I know, I know, I know...posted these folks many times, but having a particularly low moment, at the moment, as yesterday becomes today, burning a candle for Mom (who I never got to share Pentangle with, although she may have already been aware and if not, most certainly would have dug) and my ongoing poor choices in this "interesting" life 'o mine (boohoo, again, I know). If you haven't figured it out yet, especially y'all relics, I am a master of the runon sentence (often times made even longer with a parenthesis or three dots) and for that choice I'm not apologetic (comma...something). Something in my head, just now, told me to find something that will always make you happy, no matter what and make the conscious choice to share it here...on a personal mission from God (in the Blues Brothers sense of the phrase) and perhaps christen the new day. Everything about this video and song are absolutely, no bullshit, perfect, to the point of making it timeless (55 years ago, some genius decided to put these folks on a show and record it). Thank fucking God, humankind can do something right...right? Pause this vid at the 2:30 mark and the cool guy with the glasses on the far right of the screen is me, in my former life, going, holy shit, am I really witnessing this performance. This is absolute perfection in terms of 5 folks with so much talent individually that it oozes out of the floor, coming together to give you a song that is beyond compare. As always a sucker for the ladies, even though she is really on backing vocals on this tune, Jacqui McShee's voice is so maddeningly perfect, that it's the brightest star in the universe that is Bert Jansch's own vocals. Nobody is fucking around in this band, from Danny Thompson's impeccable warm heartbeat-like stand up bass, to the not as simple as it seems complexity of Terry Cox's drumming and finished off nicely with the most soulful of solos from John Renbourn! So, here I am tonight thinking, if you don't get on a different path, at some point, as far as the choices I'm making, may as well call it quits or masochistically revel in it. Life seems to be habitual, a string good and/or bad habitual acts. I told my Son, who is doing pretty damn well in his twenties, to keep riding that wave, cuz whatever you're doing is working well for you. He had a setback recently, but just hopped on another wave, ya know? Me learning from my boy (I hope) is posting this vid for all of you. End the night and start a new day with one fucking good God damn choice (as my Son would say), feel me? In this life I can not forget this performance and the joy it brings me!

2 comments:

  1. couldn't agree more about the pentangle. so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my unknown anonymous friend...indeed a reliquia de mostaza...just a bit of whimsy in these dark times

      Delete