Thursday, July 27, 2023

Jive Turkey


The 70s were a very different time, and why not, that was 50 years ago now...the 20s were insanely different, 50 years earlier than that. So what's my point...IDFK...hahah. I do know that I've seen Snoop Dogg a couple of times live and his showmanship was extremely refined, excellent you might say...most live sets I've seen of rap are lacking something, nothing like the studio versions, but his shows are truly amazing. Anyway, though, Snoop did well, but Antonio Vargas was THE Huggy Bear.

Tripped out when the algorithm on the fucking Tube, brought this to me...thoughts? Oh yeah, if you want to know my take on it, still, 40+ years later...of course they fucking do!

Found this guy on the long ass driveway up to my domicile, and he was not doing too hot, couldn't fly and that is a death sentence for a bird out here. So, hit up Big Shawn, who has a Environmental and Conservation Science Phd and he said to find a wildlife rehab place nearby. Turns out, NoWhere Kansas, has one and turns out, as Shawn indicated, she might seem like a "cat lady". Got her number from a cousin of mine...hahah...and the lady asked me to meet her at the vet in the same town I work in, as she was bringing some other rehab animals. Long story short, the place was busy so I dropped the woodpecker with them when the cat lady/wildlife rehabber, there at the vet and found out later that the bird was injured too badly, so it was put down :(


Been into watching mostly live sets lately, but really couldn't find one I liked of the Napalm Death cover of this tune. which is spectacularly done in the way that only ND could do it. Of course we can get the Earache Records "Official Audio" version, and I hope the artists get a decent cut of these official releases that labels put out there. It did make me think of the tune by Anthrax, the UK one, called Capitalism is Cannibalism...

What a fucking set up, what a real mess
I can't make sense of it, it doesn't make sense

Raised from your cradle and teethed on possession
Then they reared you up on TV capitalism
Spit you out of school, get a nice job
You get turned on when you're on top

What a fucking set up, what a real mess
I can't make sense of it, it doesn't make sense

Worry about the profit margins, don't give a fuck about human beings
Filed away in your cabinets are equal people
Until you forget it, they make it
So you have to survive by producing crap
Can you call that life?
When the very same crap you have to buy back
Displayed it on the supermarket shelves
There's over a thousand varieties to damage your health

What a fucking set up, what a real mess
I can't make sense of it, it doesn't make sense

Inside the factory are wages for slavery
And every product at the end of the line
[?]
And every shit you flush away in your private bog
Is a product of another person's slog
There might be a title in front of your name
But everybody's shit still smells the same
You might also like
Violence Is Violence
Anthrax (UK)
Violence Is Violence
Anthrax (UK)
​​​vampire
Olivia Rodrigo
What a fucking set up, what a real mess
I can't make sense of it, it doesn't make sense

Capitalism is cannibalism is
Capitalism is cannibalism is
Capitalism is cannibalism is
Capitalism is cannibalism

What a fucking set up, what a real mess
I can't make sense of it, it doesn't make sense

Indeed!


'86, I'm thinking, when my old pal Finn Petty, broke the mold when they made him, did this caricature of me.


This is from his The Rusty VW (check it out) collection of which he sent me a bunch of swag, a while ago and I geared up some of my homies...thanx again Finner! My answer to this wonderful statement, is, God I'm fucken trying...hahah...me and Mr. Pickles!



Love this band and have posted them before, but not this strange Covid-zero-audience set. The set is also odd if you watch the whole thing as there seems to be some tension with the band members (all two of them). The hits for me are at 08:15 Haunt You and 52:00 Yes I Know...


He looks sweet in this picture, but Mr Pickles is a demon dog, just like his namesake. Couldn't put a halter on him, because he tried to rip my hands apart, so I got him a nice collar a while back that was reflective. Dude only likes me, but he does have lines you do not cross for me even, like the halter or, god forbid, try to trim his nails. The wife of the veterinarian, the one who "accidentally" killed my donkey, Jet Li, she is also a vet and does really well with him, but has her troubles too. Half of it is the dramatic nature of a hound, the other half is either fear or just being a dick. I honestly don't know where I could have fucked up with raising him...it's like having a serial killer for a kid...still love them, but it's like wtf dude...hahah.


This tune, which takes me back to high school, as well, by way of my pal Match, goes out to him and my band chum, Brian, who mentioned them recently...put them on the map that is my brain again.


I hope all y'all feel the love...Eros, Agape, and/or Philos...some kind of love in your life. My youngest Granddaughter taught me how to do the heart hand sign thing...hahah


Cheers to whoever captured this set, what a solid piece of music history it is...and if you know anybody that is as cool this sax player, continue hanging out them, because you want that shit to rub off on you.




3 comments:

  1. Wore the Rusty VW shirt yesterday, very comfy, its a go-to shirt. Was sitting at the Toyota dealership for a broken spedometer, but nobody mentioned the shirt. They were selling shitty Toyota TRD shirts for a ton of $$$ and probably fit like crap, for the discerning motohipster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "70s were a very different time, and why not, that was 50 years ago now...the 20s were insanely different," When I came home with a mohawk in about 1989 my grandma loved it (or at least liked it, or it didn't bother her, not sure what really was going on in her thoughts other than she loved me). She said when she was young they had a dance called the Big Apple that the old people hated, and as such the youth were going to hell in the 20's. She was a poor Irish-decent farm girl far from the flapper culture, so not sure what the Big Apple was. She was wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a kid I looked up to the family in Good Times. JJ's sister calling him a Jive Turkey. Love that insult.

    ReplyDelete