Monday, August 7, 2023

Howdy...

The last night of the Waxing Gibbous Moon, driving on 390th road looking southeast towards the sprawling metropolis of Damar in wonderous NoWhere, Kansas. Been marveling at the heavens recently, trying to see the bigger picture. Stumbled across the NASA site Space Place which is made for kiddos, but I enjoyed checking it out and learning a bit. The saying goes something like, you're never too old to learn but why do we as human being have a tendency to make the same mistakes over and over again (speaking of myself mostly)?


Cab Calloway, during the heyday of reefer madness, didn't give two fucks...


"Reefer Madness (originally made as Tell Your Children and sometimes titled The Burning Question, Dope Addict, Doped Youth, and Love Madness)." - Wikipedia


Despite my recent effort to make good positive choices, I still wonder at the fruitlessness of our self-destructive existence on this sad planet. Like Samuel L. Jackson said in the flick Pulp Fiction, "I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard..." Dive, really nails it in this live performance...


Been a into VWs my entire life thanks to my Mom and her affinity for them. She told me that when I was born she was driving a mid-60s squareback until she bought a 1973 bug, brand new. I can't tell you how many places we drove in that thing. This customized bug is absolutely amazing to me and I'm not really even a car guy, necessarily.


Danbert Nobacon! Wonderful brief video interview with a person who has been there since the beginning. Hopefully more from him as I sent him a message to see about a brief written interview...fingers crossed, but I doubt he has time for the likes of RdM and perhaps doesn't even like the vibe of the blog. We shall see...I gotta stop checking my email in anticipation of getting a reply...hahah.


Yet another picture of Mr. Pickles doing one of his favorite things...riding fucking shotgun in my truck.

 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment