Monday, November 20, 2023

it's better to be pissed off than pissed on (unless you're into that kind of thing)

 


typed a search for "dream gif" and this was one of the ones on the first page...I was looking for something dreamy, but this one will do...hahah

I know everyone prefers straight hardcore early HD, but this album spoke to me like no other...song after song of perfection...this is one of those short but sweet ones...


This is my dream car right here and it looks like I'm going to buy her and make her street worthy again. Hopefully it can be a daily driver...donations being accepted...alms for the love of allah...hahah! Seriously though, the stars are aligning and this '63 is going to be a ton of work, but I need to put my energy into something good and of course to me, meaningful....wish me luck :)


Canadian garage recorded in '65 and a clean version released in '66...

Walking down the street on a foggy night
I saw a young girl standing under a light
Her face was pale and her skirt was tight
Had a five dollar bill, I felt alright
If I had my car, I would go for a drive
I had no car, yet I had my five
I walked over to her, I said-a "What's your name?"
"My name's Mary Jane, I live down the lane"
Oh no
I looked down the lane, at the end I could see
A room full of clowns looking back at me
A line of executives formed to the right
And if I'd stayed, I would have stood all night
She opened up the door and said, "Go on in"
I walked in first, and I pulled down the shades
She said, "Take it easy, don't be afraid
You got nothing to say, you're at a penny arcade"


My high school chum Stovepipe and Professor Noam Chomsky...student and professor at Harvard. According to my buddy, I gave this book to him in high school, but sadly I have no recollection of that event. It's actually more than sad when you consider that my mind is chalk full of shit, like the time that guy cracked my head open or that time I OD'd or...


Another old high school chum, Ki. turned me onto these guys recently, sent me down a serious Clowncore rabbit hole...fucking highly diggable!


When she was a kitten, some time ago, my Granddaughter named her Spot, but over the years I've come to call her just Pot. Absolutely nothing but love for her and I hope that when she does this to my robe (all the time), she is reciprocating that love.


This goes out to my pal Ellen and yes I am probably repeating myself, but when I'm in a black metal mood it's the raw stuff that I go to first. It's like hardcore punk but it's the hardcore they listen to in Hades...hahah I was curious what others thought and could not find anyone that lists Bone Awl as on of their favorite BM acts. I did find this list which was very informative, as I was not familiar with all the bands/songs on it...

Bathory- Eqimanthorn (every black metal band in existence owes at least part of it's sound to Bathory)
Venom- Black Metal (for obvious reasons)
Sarcofago- Satanic Lust (not strictly black metal but Sarcofago's image and music was a huge influence on Euronymous of Mayhem. Also a huge influence on "war metal" which is very similar to black metal in aesthetic and subject matter, but with less variance in sound.)
Mayhem- Freezing Moon (major players in the shaping of black metal as a musical movement)
Dissection- The Somberlain (one of melodic black metals starting points)
Burzum- Dunkelheit (arguably the best known black metal song)
Emperor- I am the Black Wizards (one of the first black metal bands to utilize symphonic type sounds. This song is a typical example of that.)
Belketre- Guilty (I'm putting this here not so much for the music, although it is really great, but for the attitude this band helped bring to black metal. Any black metal band that steeps itself in "secrecy" probably got the idea from this split with Vlad Tepes or any of the other bands involved in the Les Legions Noires group of projects.)
Xasthur- Murdered Echos of the Mind (To me, Xasthur took the concept of Depressive/suicidal black metal and made it a fully fledged subgenre.)
Wolves in the Throne Room- Queen of the Borrowed Light (the originators of "cascadian black metal". One of the few uniquely American black metal subgenres.)


Mr. Pickles has a message for ya! No matter what is going on in your life, every once in a while you've got to take a shit, right? Goodnight...all.

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog, Justin! If i can figure out how to share song links, i will! i like your idea of sharing what we're listening to. but a funny thing is, i have several black metal records i love, but i cant read the dang fonts. haha. right now i'm listening to danzig's vinyl, danzig. about 6 months ago i got his all elvis covers album, and it's really good, but not as awesome as i'd hoped, but still very cool. only in the past few years have i been getting the vinyl for records i've always wanted, but never could afford. but now that i have a bunch of them, i'm broke again! ha. --Jess Hilliard

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what’s on now
    https://youtu.be/9qO1MFlljds?si=1I6ZStodgsD-cVkp

    ReplyDelete