Thursday, November 23, 2023

input = output

 Here was the email I sent out to as many homies as I had email addresses for...

Sending out a blanket email to most of my homies....is that spam? Nothing quite like fried Spam mac n cheese! That's about what this amounts to pretty much...hahah Just a reminder that the blog is alive and well, a sort of release for me. It's intent is to share music suggestions and what's going on for old Mustard. I gave up facebook years ago, tried recently to get back and it was no dice But I miss seeing what everyone else is up to and what's spinning on your turntable. Send a pic, send a music suggestion or suggest that I leave you alone...hahah Anyway, here's the latest post...stay awesome y'all!


I do love y'all, you know who you are, even if it isn't reciprocated...giving is the gift not the reward. This post is about those responses...

...

Jess (The Bass Man), the heart and soul of the Ne'er Do Wells, playing at the Gilman in 94...wish it was a vid, cuz these dudes had a mountain of stage presence.


This is what's spinning on his turntable, a nice catchy little ditty. I never got the Danzig or Samhain bug back in their heyday, but as much as I preached the word of opening your mind, I was pretty closed minded in a lot of ways...I was just such a huge Misfits fan. Fuck, Evilive is maybe one of my top 20 live albums (ought to make a post about that, but it would get tough towards the end and nobody would agree with me anyway).


This was the hit for me, back about when this show happened in '83, woulda never known about the band and especially this tune, if it wasn't for the tape trading circles.

Ellen (of the personally indispensable Violet and Company Incense)  came though big time with this Black Metal outfit outta Iran. When I think back to all the metal heads I've known over time, including myself in my teen years, none of them (us) would have been brave enough to be Metal as fuck in a whacked out place like that...you probably get tortured or time in prison or worse, some kind of public mutilation or execution. Anybody old enough to have watched the Iron Sheik in WWF?

Jahn (1/2) of one of my favorite bands currently doing their thing, Molosser Crude mentioned the tune I posted from Zen Arcade...this hear is my favorite tune off the album...maybe...hahah...bitchen ass live performance. Cheers to you both in Sweden!

Sean, who did the layout for latest project I have been working on, plus a septic metric ton of artistic endeavors, turned me on to this harsh poser electrics outfit in response to my spam-tastic email. Turns out he's got their discography up at is always enlightening Selfish Few blog



Another shot of my (fingers crossed) bug...anyone up for a 16 hour round trip, road trip...hahah.


In jefe's reply, he offered up his old copy of this old classic,,,couldn't be more stoked. My Mom had it in her '73 buggalo when she gave it to me in college and I'm sure it was still in there when the dude who bought it me towed it away.

Brian responded with a photo from the lookout point in McKinleyville of Clam Beach at sunset 

1 comment:

  1. I miss some people on FB, and seeing what they were listening to. I'm now on Discord, which is fun, like old AOL chat or something. I had that first Danzig album, cause I was such a huge Misfits fan. I even got them to play it at a middle school event when the dj didn't show up! I just bought Grimace's Quagmire on cd on Ebay. You showed me that album, and it's one of my faves. I'm glad I finally have it on cd. Keep doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete