Sunday, February 25, 2024

Warning?

 

Shiitake mushroom, a damn good album!

Circa 1991(?), my old pal and WD40 bandmate, Erio, checking out some band in Humboldt County. The scene was outstanding up there in those days and a real blast to be a part of. Well, life goes on and we go on to bigger and better (?) things. Some of us go on to have kids and then...BAM...they grow up and are doing their thing. Erio has always been good about keeping me in the loop on the escapades of his Son, Tiger. One of the many things he's doing, is being a part of this rad San Francisco based band, Warning? who just released a virtual album!


So tell me about your first experience with music and how that motivated you to play...not just play, but get out there with some other like minded folks and put your shit out there?

I didn’t really like music all that much until middle school, when I started listening to punk. I really just wanted to hang out and play music.  That got me to join a band, then learn guitar. 

What made Warning? happen, what makes the band tick, what are y'all about and how's that working for ya?

Warning? started with my buddies, Blue and Jess, in high school (2019). We had guitar, drums and vocals which, we all really began learning when the band was started. We booked our first show that initial month at The Phoenix Theater and wrote as many songs as we could. We just want to play as hard as we can and the harder we play the less it seems to matter how we sound. Our current lineup is Blue, Tiger, Dio, and Dono.


Give me the spiel man, I know it ain't about money, you're obviously not exactly Green Day material (hahah), but what are you out there for?

We want to have a good time and play shows. Warning? is a band that has songs, and it’s fun when we try to play those songs really fast live. It never sounds the same twice and it’s more fun that way.

I was thinking about it and your old man and I have known each other since about '88, up in Humboldt, playing music (he is top notch peeps). What kind of impact has he had on you musically and otherwise?

My dad always had punk around in his truck when I was little but I didn’t like it back then. I got older and when I asked him about it he told me to check out Black Flag. Since then, hardcore punk is most of what I listen to. 


When you're not involved in your music, what are you up to dude?

When I’m not playing music I draw and skate. 

Tell me about this virtual album that just came out, plans to make a hardcopy (cassette/cd/vinyl)? Gigging, touring?

Our new album is called Too Many To Count and we put it out on all the streaming services. We’re gonna release CDs soon but we’d like to do vinyl as well sometime. We’ve got gigs all around the Bay Area over the next few months. 


This last one I ask everyone...what's spinning on your virtual or otherwise, turntable at the moment, who's hot in the past and present that you're listening to?

Been listening to Grindline the Band, The Witless (sf), Agression, Gee tee, WD40


Thanks Tiger!

These guys definitely have it going on when it comes to highly diggable hardcore that is in the now! 2024 baby and the legacy lives on. Lots of influences but they do fantastic at playing their own brand of hardcore punk. Ahhh, to be back in the bay and catching one of their shows would be amazing, so if you live anywhere in the area, get yer ass on down there. Give 'em a listen,,,



No comments:

Post a Comment