Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Pray!


"It's a good thing punk and metal found me before religion. Knowing how evangelical I am about the music I love." - Elliot 2024
"Amen, Brother!" - Macho Man Randy Savage RIP (11/15/52 - 05/20/11)


One of the first songs I remember hearing as a child, on the radio in my Mom's VW bug.


My dear friend who teaches English at a private high school, of the slightly whacko pseudo-Christian variety, is currently reading Animal Farm to the students. They watched the 50s animated flick too...I hope they get it or at least puts some question marks out floating around in their minds


I miss you Kim Solve (and Trine) we used to be pretty good virtual pals...unfortunately, but seriously, there is a such a thing as too much Mustard.


This is a caricature of me drinking an ice coffee, in a first world kind of way (looking like the Brawny guy, in case you you didn't know what the fuck I was talking about previously) and letting you know that there is no way to live life without suffering. How many times have I subjected myself to the slightly masochistic act of getting a tattoo (well, so I'll look cool of course)? My Granddaughter was going to Wichita with her Mom to pick up the other Granddaughter along with baby daddy and of course my Great grandson. I sent her a text....
"Travel safely, wear your seatbelt and don't stop to get any facial tattoos!"


1985 baby...that was a good year for old Mustard.


I'm trying to get Mr.P to pee on command...hahah!


For 37 years now my pal Sang has been enlightening me on some of the best music ever recorded. This particular band falls into that category for me, thanx bro! There is so much talent involved in what's going on with these gals, this is just a tiny sample. They've been around a while too...alas, my music radar is not what it used to be, Headed down a rabbit hole now, so...


Much love to all y'all...I guess.


2 comments:

  1. Heh, that quote was a realization I had years ago, after bugging a friend to check out the band Satan's Host for months. Btw, you should check out Satan's Host. Great band, old and new stuff. We read Animal Farm in my (public) high school, but I got the feeling no one understood it or caresd. To them it was just a school assignment. To me an avid reader, it was fascinating. Though that might have just been teenage smugness, maybe others did get it. Most teenagers are smug wankers, and I was one for sure. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True wisdom there brother :) Where should I start with Satan's Host?

      Delete