Saturday, December 24, 2022

"Responsibility is a heavy responsibility man." - Cheech




It's very close to that time of the year again, when the so-called season is almost fucking over. The two best things about Christmas are posting a GIF of Krampus and the song below.  I'm a Grinch of sorts for socio-economic reasons, but I gotta say that when I was in Washington earlier this month I was quite impressed with the decorations that both Brian/Carol and Ed/Tina had at their pads...reminded me of Christmas as a kid going to my Grandpa's place...he was a little younger than we all are now (which in itself trips me the hell out).

A headline from USA Today, the other day..."Winter storm Elliott? Blizzard? Bomb Cyclone? What Happened to calling it 'weather'?"  I don't know what the fuck a bomb cyclone is but I the lowest I recorded the temp being for this event was -10 and a wind-chill of -36...highly unpleasant. As I continue to age and somehow survive (my Guardian angel is beat) I've found that I don't like any extremes of temperature. It used to just be the heat, but I don't much fucking care for being cold and certainly no -36 wind-chill. 



En mørklagt sti - slynger seg - innover mot - den svarte ås

Der jeg igjen - skal føle denne lyst

Der jeg igjen - begår denne dåd

Fører meg dithen - hvor timene står stille

Tar meg med -  dit hvor årene går

Her har prest - og menigmann - stått den store - den store prøve

Her jeg igjen skal føle denne lyst 

Her jeg igjen - begår denne dåd

Stien går hit - hvor timene står stille

Stien tar meg med - dit hvor årene går

Jeg bygger her - et monument - her skal - neste døde råtne

Her jeg igjen - skal føle denne lyst

Her jeg igjen - begår denne dåd

Stien går dit - hvor timene står stille

Tar meg med - dit hvor årene går

Årene går 

Årene går

Årene går

Really feeling this groove right now...Norwegian Black Metal has healing and uplifting properties. Used to have the 7" but not sure if I sold it or sent it to my Son. Always wondered if these folks were of the fascist variety, but did a google translate and I'm kinda digging on the vibe.

A darkened path - winds - inwards towards - the black hill

Where I again - shall feel this pleasure

Where I again - commit this deed

Takes me there - where the hours stand still

Take me with you - where the years go by

Here, priest - and layman - have faced the great - the great test

Here I will again feel this desire

Here I again - commit this deed

The path leads here - where the hours stand still

The path takes me - to where the years pass

I build here - a monument - here shall - the next dead rot

Here I again - shall feel this light

Here I again - commit this deed

The path goes there - where the hours stand still

Take me with you - where the years go by

The years go by

The years go by

The years go by


Two Gifs in one post...hell fuckin' yeah...I don't fuck around.  Since I'm not fucking around, and we're on the topic of Norwegian music and being colder than a well digger's ass...how about Blitzkrieg Baby doing something Mustard Relics played a tiny part in. In fucking fact, the first person to comment on this post and sez they dig the composition will get a free copy... 


This is what Kim and Trine had to say about the tune...

VIOLENCE is the studio recording of the one unreleased, non-album track that was performed live at Dominion Of Flesh in Stockholm, November 2019. 

The physical edition consist of a 7 inch lathe cut limited to 28 copies, released by Mustard Relics label. Only 10 of these copies will be available to order and those will be distributed by Cloister Recordings when time is due. 

"Violence Is Never Out Of Style" 

Artwork: Trine + Kim Design Studio 
Digital distribution: Trine + Kim Editions

I shall leave y'all with this prayer and wish y'all much merriness until the end of the year and then it can just go to shit again in 2023...haha...take 'er easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment