Monday, April 15, 2024

Recreational Bulldozing

Sent out several texts today, as I have the Sunday evening blues, and got zero replies. I'm chalking it up to a sign from God, just waiting on the Angel to show up and clarify what to do next. For now, I've decided do a quick post, to satisfy that need for contact...kind of a message in a bottle kind of thing.

"The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire." The Apocalypse of John 16:8


I know this is probably about somewhere else in the Midwest (he mentions Wisconsin) but it may as well be set here on the high plains of NoWhere Kansas.


Is it okay to have a bit of a crush on the gal singing in this one, not sure if that's polite to say anymore? Easy on the eyes, haunting voice and incredible talent. Dig the clarinet solo too. Clarinet was the instrument I was assigned to in junior high...I wanted the saxophone. You kinda get what you get in life sometimes, don't ya?


Rad fan made vid of the only song I know by Soulfly.


This song put Ministry on the map for me in '92...would've never heard about it but because Gibby Haynes was on vocals.


Happy Monday y'all (image "borrowed" from Sean @ Selfish Few)!




1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'm an angel but.. of course people still have celeb crushes, but I'm keeping mine a secret! I used to play the clarinet. I wasn't very good, but I had fun. PS, this is a much better Soulfly song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_EPTbMPtdc

    ReplyDelete