Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Strong Intention - Total Extermination

Total extermination 1 total extermination 2 Well I got zero comments from my last Strong Intention post so I thought I would do another one.  Give people what they don't want to hear right?  Actually I've run across a lot of great sites that get thousands of hits but very few comments so I'm not going to whine about that.  Please check my links and you will not be disappointed with what amounts to just the tip of the iceberg on what's out there.

You all have probably already seen the American Hardcore documentary and I've heard people go both ways on how good they thought it was.  I personally thought it was pretty good and for the most part accurate.  What matters most is that someone was willing to even do a movie with hardcore as it's subject in the first place.  They did talk about hardcore dying in about 86 and I'm not sure I agree with that.  The punk is or isn't dead was a common topic there for a while too.  The way I look at it is that music just evolves.  I don't want music to stay the same all the time, I want it to go to the next level.  Sometimes that change isn't so good but screw it because it's the people behind it all that make it happen.  I was one of the first people to make a big deal  and complain about crossover when that was the thing going on.  Now I'm a little more realistic and realize that people can do whatever they want to do with their music or their lives for that matter.  The old breeds die off and new ones come and fill the gap.  We don't have to like it but that's the way it is.  We need to spend more time worrying about what we're doing than complaining about what other people are doing.

I kind of went off on a tangent there so here's the music.  I got this CDR at the same place I got the other one.  This one I know is also out of print because I have # 26 out of 50 made for the tour with Cripple Bastards they did in 2002.  Like I said on the other post, check out their site http://www.strongintention.com/ but most of their stuff is out of print.  This is good stuff I think.  Here's some samples.

EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment