Saturday, March 29, 2008

Syd Barrett - Opel

Let's take it down a notch and mellow out.

opel Now Scott G. has been mentioned in this post a few times and let me tell you, he was a character and a half.  Everybody knew Scott up in Humboldt during the late 80's early 90's because of his unique personality.  Several friends (I can't remember who) and I went down to the bay area and Scott hitched a ride.  He was going to stay the night in front of a Ticketron outlet to be first to get Pink Floyd tickets.  When I picked him up he was in a frenzy because he got several "4th row" seats.  He was going nuts and for the next month, at least, all he could say was "4th row" to everyone.  That was Scott.  Idon't know why I didn't go, probably because they were ridiculously expensive, but I probably should have just for historical purposes. I've learned a lot about Syd Barrett in the making of this post but this pretty much sums it up, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_Barrett .  I kind of felt sorry for the guy because the guy seemed to be used by EMI, but go figure a big label screwing people over

Here's some more sites with pretty much all of his stuff,

http://excentrifugalforz.blogspot.com/2008/02/syd-barrett.html http://theultimatebootlegexperience.blogspot.com/search/label/Syd%20Barrett http://chrisgoesrocks.blogspot.com/2008/03/pink-floyd-first-three-singles-1967.html http://freemusic07.blogspot.com/2008/01/syd-barrett-have-you-got-it-yet.html http://scrumptunes.blogspot.com/2008/01/syd-barrett-madcap-laughs-bonus-tracks.html http://echoesof-the-past.blogspot.com/2007/12/syd-barrett-barrett.html

MY favorite songs from this CD,

Clowns And Jugglers (Octopus)  Wined And Dined

 

No comments:

Post a Comment