
It's been kind of dead around the site lately, so I'm figuring people have already started their vacations and this post, the first of my second year of doing this, will not get read. Or maybe the site just sucks and those who hadn't figured it out from the start have finally done so. :-) Last week was pretty busy for me, training some of my clients, working at an oil field wharehouse. Those parts I'm prepping are called "polish rod clamps" and they are actually a pretty important part of sucking oil out of the ground. If you didn't already know, I (and Kim too) work with people with disabilities, where I help out with the employment aspect of their lives. Kind of have to be a jack of all trades with what I do, or least a quick learner so I can show my clients what the hell is going on. Had me pretty wiped out last week and glad that this week is a short one. With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I hope yall have lot's to be thankful for, I know I do, and you take a little bit of time to forget about all the bullshit going on in your lives and the rest of the world.

This one will not interest anyone, or at least I would be surprised if it did, but never the less here it is. I am one half Armenian, but that's pretty much all I have is some blood. The rest being Native American, French, German and Czech. A mutt and a hybrid brother. No family, no culture, no language, and no history except what I've read. This record is the sum total of my Armenian heritage and I'm actually content with that. I had a few Armenian friends in high school and with Burbank being next door to Glendale (the largest population of Armenians outside of Armenia) I've met my fair share. As a group of people, no better or worse than anyone else, although they share some things in common with Jews and Gypsies (Romany), in that they have been spread by historical circumstances all over the world. For Jews it's called diaspora, but I don't know if Armenians have a word for it. I got a hard time from my friends for being Armenian, but no harder than they had it for being whatever the hell they were. I really have no ties that side anyway and is with many cultures half breeds are frowned upon. The music on the other hand is some pretty cool stuff. Folk music in general, for me, is just cool because it is artistic expression that has no ties to the corporate side of music and is therefore fairly uncontaminated. Emotion. I think I'll be doing some more folk type stuff, like Greek and Native American on future posts. There used to be a club in L.A., on Temple St., really close to where I grew up, called the Intersection with traditional dancing that used to play Greek, Armenian, Turkish and others from that general region, back in the 60's and 70's. May still be there from all I know. My personal favorite was the Greek music and dance (and food). Well I've written enough on a post that few if any will listen to. If I had to pick a favorite tune it would be Dari Me Na.
Tamara (Folk Dance)
Gneega (To A Woman)
Halay (Armenian Soldiers Dance)
Voch Me Dzaleeg (No Flower Like You)
Sepastia Bar (Dance Of Sepastia)
Ka Deh Yes Em (Armenian Ballad)
Dari Me Na (It’s Been A Year)
Armenian Caucasian Dance
Ooska Cookas (Where Do You Come From)
Shalako (Caucasian Folk Dance)
Hye Dughak (Armenian Boys)
Mayr Araxi Aperov (On The Banks Of The Mother Arax River)
No comments:
Post a Comment