Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

koththanksgiving2000I'm not one who puts a lot of stock in these big holidays.  There is always a story behind the story of each of them.  With some holidays what we have is an blatant attempt to hide the original pagan meanings, and overlay those with some other, usually Christian, meaning.  Jesus was not born on Christmas and he didn't die on Easter.  Oh well.  With Thanksgiving we get this fanciful idea of some sort of settler/native festival.  Whether or not this event happened or not, because that is what we were spoonfed while growing up, is not as important as what it implies.  Kind of a sad joke in a way.  No matter what some people are going to have more to be thankful for than others, the real issue I have is when it is at the expense of others. The world is full of shit and many people try to ignore it. At the same time, I think it's important to be thankful, or better yet, grateful, for what we have in life. For me it's more of a daily occurance, as opposed to a yearly celebration, because I'm just lucky to be alive and doing what I can these days. Oh well, to each his/her own, just my two cents.  I hope all you guys are doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment