The post goes out to a good brother of mine who also is a regular around here, you know who you are. A year younger than me and the cancer has already forced it's way into his life. Hard to find anybody these days who hasn't been touched in some way or another by the disease. It's all in how you choose to live I guess but I have a feeling some of that shit is forced upon us. A tall glass of water to the folks makin' sure you're around for all of us who love you. Take it easy brother.
Well, the face of summer always changes for me when my son heads back to his "other" home. We always try to squeeze as much as activity as we can into a 2 month period. I don't have as much energy as I used to as I found out when we started working out together. I gotta say that working out at 40+ is distinctly different than it was when I was doing it in my late teens, early 20's. I'm a hell of a lot stronger now, but with 20 extra years of smoking blackening my lungs and maybe another 100 pounds under my belt, let's just say my stamina sucks (air). Going to keep hitting the iron but really need to put some time on the bike. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
With Liam here rap has been spinning or doing whatever it does on the computer, since that's where his interest lies. I'm no expert on raising a son but I figure you've got to show some interest in what they're into. Not much worse than force feeding a mind, but I still tried to get him to eat his broccoli. Rap wise, these guys were the shit when I was a couple of years older than he was. Surprisingly he knew what was up, shame I didn't take the words to heart when I was young. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsTJaP2tC0A] For some reason this next tune reminds me of the two "craziest" guys that are on my caseload at work. According to my employer it would be an invasion of their privacy to share their pictures, maybe so but I consider them friends as much as I do clients. I guess if you did see them it would be clear that their sense of reality is unique. In my line of work Ken and Andy are what's called, "dual diagnosed", meaning they have metal retardation and mental health issues. I find myself more drawn to the guys who are the most difficult, psychotic, delusional and obsessive. As much as we enjoy each other's company on a daily basis, if they had a choice between having a soda/pop and hanging out with me, I would be picked last. Yellowman and Fathead hit the spot though like a cold soda on a hot day. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyURn-EuX8w&w=1001&h=751] Heard this one on the radio the other day and was just amazed. If you ever want to hear a three piece rock the fuck out blast this one on the stereo. Funny I probably have 20+ Hendrix LP's but I have yet to post anything. Sitting on this one double live bootleg thing from his last LA show at the Forum that I'll have to get out at some point. For now tell me you don't dig this tune and some trivia, manic depression = bi-polar disorder these days. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll7w7Q1uIAk&w=1280&h=720]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries?list=PLBDA59F7A802FED93&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment