Monday, December 27, 2010

Victims of War - demo tape

This is an almost exact representation (his mannerism, the look on his face, how it leaves him off balance) of my salute to the human race (and hopes for a Happy New Year).  Now what movie is that from...I know I've seen it?  The title of this tune off the Bullshit Detector comp from 1980 fits the emotion perfectly, Counter Attack - Don't Wanna Fight For You.  Ha, ha, maybe we aren't hopeless.

Back to work after a holiday... uncomfortably familiar mountains of paper work... logging every action down to the minute I complete on the computer, with my somewhat slow, limited typing skills, to be reviewed by some horrendously overworked government agency... speaking to burnt out government agents who have dealt with rude people for so long that they have now perfected the art of being rude... coworkers who have delusions of being Oscar winners and instead have turned the office and day center into the ugliest of dramas that makes even day time soap operas seem tame and rational... and even still I love taking care of those details in life that most of us take for granted for a portion of our population that simply can not do those things, being an advocate. Grateful to be welcomed back with issues of bedding, bed sores, bed pans, bed wetting and bed bugs (or are they carpet beetles, a subtle yet important difference).

My buddy Billy from Greece (read up on what's going on there, maybe where the world is headed) posted some Extreme Noise Terror not too long ago that is well worth checking out and sent me on a couple days worth of listening to all kinds of their stuff.  Way back when I posted Holocaust In Your Head and Peel Sessions, which definitely aren't as rare but are still well worth checking out. In his post he mentioned a pre-ENT band called Victims of War that he posted on his other site (workaholic). Been really diggin on that early 80's UK hardcore thing so this was a pleasant surprised I cheated on this post (as I did with the last one) because I'm just reposting what he posted except that I separated the one long mp3 into tracks (there was no cover for the tape so I did my cheesy attempt at graphic for the cover). I know cheating, but what the hell, it's what I've been listening to recently. Happy New Year. Didn't Fight For You G.B.H. Wild Youth Power & Greed Psychopath Anti Government Police System Death Row

 

No comments:

Post a Comment