Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Bruce Banner "Nordic Thrash Power" / Sayyadina "The Inevitable Truth" - split 7"
Edit: Proof that I am getting senile can be found here. It seems I've already posted these bands, coming full circle as I often do with what is being spun on the turntable. Oh well, if anything, for myself, it shows two different ways to approach a subject and maybe how things are evolving around here.
Been having a craving for hallucinogens lately, I'm not sure why. Like mushrooms with hardcore visuals, something to really entertain the brain. I guess that would mess up my clean streak, so let's not and say we did. Some guy somewhere mentioned the whereabouts of some long lost legendary punk rock figure and what he was up to, which was connected to the word "enthogenic". Essentially "a psychoactive substance used in a religious, psychotherapeutic, shamanic, or spiritual context." Always thought a peyote trip would be good, but I suppose you should do that kind of thing for the right reasons, not just like dropping a tab or two and going on an adventure. The Native American Church is an interesting group that might be worth looking into but I suppose as with any kind of spirituality, you don't dabble in it, it's a serious affair. That may in fact be the problem with 99.99% of religious practitioners, they take it too seriously.
Talk about trippin', remember the show Sigmund and the Sea Monsters? Great theme song. Somebody mentioned them too. How about H. R. Pufnstuf? Another classic show/them song. I know I'm stuck in the past...it's because of early drug/alcohol use...I never grew up. Hahaha.
As you know my Grandpa forwards me email all the time...the latest,
Man sitting at home on the couch with his wife and he says, "I love you." She asks, "Is that you or the beer talking?" He replies, "It's me............. talking to the beer."
Felt that way at one time.
Watched a special on Elvis for a couple of minutes and from what I caught the man had a punk rock moment when he played this country classic at the Grand Ole' Opy (they were horrified),
Elvis Presley - Blue Moon of Kentucky
Mentioned it before, I'm not much of an Elvis fan (except when he was in his Vegas doped out/overweight years, haha) felt like he just took someone else's idea and because he was white was able to capitalize on it (actually he made a lot of motherfuckers rich). The reality I suppose is that I'm an ignorant old fool always looking for the conspiracy and really the guy had a huge impact on music.
My old San Diego buddy Chris Squire's band, Billy Druid is better than non-alcoholic Everclear. Some kick ass shit that he's been doing for 7 years now on his own in the studio. You older guys (maybe the younger one's too...Elliott) should get into this rockin' stufff played by a guy who's been doing this for a while. Check it out,
Billy Druid - I Walk With The Cobras
Hoping he'll let me do a post on the band.

Not sure where to start in this one, but let's keep it short. Had heard it before picking it up, which sort of takes the surprise out of buying a record, but in this case it doesn't matter. Both bands outta Sweden I think, from 2001, this may be the best hardcore (in the most general of senses) of that decade. REALLY dig Bruce Banner, their side doesn't have a bad moment and is well worth listening to, but....the Sayyadina side makes this thing SOLID GOLD (and I don't mean the 70's show with the titillating dancers). Fucking raging shit. Both bands are what could be called a symbiotic (great word) blend of grindcore and power violence, but again...SAYYADINA. A three piece with the fastest (I know that doesn't mean the best) cymbal/snare, blast beat, drummer EVER (sounds like a srum roll). May have posted a tune way back but now is the time to wake up world and notice. YOU MUST LISTEN TO AT LEAST THE FIRST SAYYADINA TRACK!!!!!! (and that may not even be their best tune, plus it'll clue you in to where the band got it's name from...unless you're already in the know). Do it...seriously.
Bruce Banner
Fucked-Up
Don't Make Me Angry
Dead Serious
Ruiner of All Things Good
Falck Security - Jävla As
Love is the Only Weapon
Sayyadina
Nothing
Prozacgeneration
The Revenge
The Awakening
Their Control
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment