Monday, February 27, 2012

Dead Fucking Last - S/T (My Crazy Life) 7"

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNUjClJked8&w=420&h=315]

"You fucking with the rotation...puff, puff, give..."  Lessons in smoking etiquette.  A French rapper with a tune called "Puff Puff Give"... C-DRIK - PUFF PUFF GIVE I haven't smoked bud in about ten years, after a while it was easy to quit, it just made me paranoid as fuck and I just felt disabled instead of high.  Boy but there was a time when I was weed smoking mofo.  My first time was when I was ten, and my buddy stole some from his dad.  It was full steam ahead from there. They told us in junior high that it was the "gateway drug". We both ended up being drug addicts/alcoholics.  From the dirtiest brown Mexican to the finest Emerald Triangle green bud, smoked it all. Probably should have spent my time studying instead.  Have a hankering to smoke a little every now an again, but that's just not me anymore, I think I just miss being altered. I'm more worried when I crave a drink. Something a little stoney for y'all to groove to (hahaha)... Merzbow - Remblandt Assemblage Mix 005b2 This is what the hubbub was all about at this year's Super Bowl (I know I'm a bit late in commenting on it).  I was watching and didn't even notice, but I didn't notice Janet Jackson' boob either the year that happened.  M.I.A. this year's rebel is best known (she may be a one hit wonder) for her tune Paper Planes built around a sample of the Clash's "Straight to Hell" and featured in the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" (anybody see that movie).  These half times shows are a joke, t-bone steak for the masses, but I gotta say I'm always in awe of the whole grand production of it all.  The amount of time and energy put into something so inane, but I guess you could say the same thing about football itself.  A list of all the entertainment throughout the history of super bowl half time shows shows that they started with something innocent enough in college marching bands, but they sunk to a whole different level with Michael Jackson in '93. The Blues Brothers (-John, +James and John Goodman) in 97' was probably pretty cool...oh, should have known, it's on youtube.  A different kinda blues... Mississippi John Hurt - Make Me A Pallet On The Floor I know there's a lot of folks that don't like Obama, but I'm not sure why since he's turned out to be the Republican's Democrat, with the signing of business as usual measures anyway.  I don't even know why they call it Obamacare when the final product hardly resembles what was originally put on the table.  But let's say Obama does suck and it's time for a new puppet, then we are in for some scary times folks because the four Republicans that are left are some serious idiots.  Scary kind of idiots that are blatantly for a corporate America instead of one about the people and to use the words of MDC "they say they're Christian, but they're all fake, multinationals on the take".  Pretty soon you will have a choice, get lucky and be one of the 1%, or sweat away your life for chump change.  I guess someone's gotta work at Taco Bell, I just can't imagine doing it after the age of 20, much less 35.  For as long as there's been politicians we've had something to bitch about... Cream - Politician No frills, simple and straight to the fucking point hardcore outta L.A. from '93. I got it because it was on the Beastie Boys' record label, Grand Royal. Imagine my pleasant surprise, when I found out that Adam Horovitz of the B-Boys plays bass on this their first release (don't believe he played on any others though). Not much to say, give any tune a listen and you get the gist of what they're about, and really the song titles say it all (lyrically you won't be left scratching your head wondering what they're talking about, blunt).  They sound very much like the Beastie Boys when they do hardcore. D.F.L. The Mosher U Don't Understand Pizza Man Meter Maid Monk's Honor Knucklehead Nation Americas Most Hardcore Get The Fuck Out Think About The Pit F.F.F.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment