Stay tuned (always wanted to say that) for reviews of some pretty killer submissions from the likes of L'Assassins, Nonagon and Matt Ebert. For now, I had to get this off my chest...
I mentioned Witchiepoo in the last post...anyone else watch H. R. Pufnstuf back in the 70s (channel 5, KTLA in Los Angeles or was it channel 13, KCOP)? Some pretty nutty stuff, that could only have come out of the 70's (only 1969-70 to be exact), Barney has nothing compared to that, in fact nobody has nothing on that show (except, of course other Sid and Marty Kroft creations). Sid and Marty Kroft were "visionaries", as my buddy Phil put it.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFYYRyDPBs&w=420&h=315]
A cover of that tune believe it or not... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aq55JTd4A8&w=790&h=593]
Got that tune from the "Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits" featuring some pretty killer bands doing covers of a lot of stuff that is almost subliminal to me. I got it from here. Trip on the Buttholes doing the ever incredible Underdog theme song... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVLiuto5Ec&w=790&h=527]
No comments:
Post a Comment