
Got several comments from my regulars in tribute to MCA, but as it is sometimes , it has been quiet around here. It has come to my attention though that there are a few guys/gals I know that read/listen to what's going on here (God knows why), but are just silent partners, so to speak. In the last 4 1/2 years the Relics has amassed 236119 unique visitors (granted, half of those were spammers and spam bots). So, once again I am pathetically pleading with you, drop me a comment, tell me I suck, tell me you have a foot fetish. Now is the time, I'd like 20 comments on this one.

Made the local paper again through work. Represented are 4 of the 6 XYs in a place dominated by XXs (the guy on the far right is the secretary's husband, so he doesn't count). In an XY world it, it doesn't bother me to have an XX workplace, it just gets interesting and confusing at the same time.
Was in my car rolling a cigarette in front of the local convenience store. This Mom brings out pop (that's soda for people in the midwest) to her kids who have been waiting patiently in the car. One of 'em says he wanted diet pop so the Mom says, "you're gonna take what you got or your not gonna get anything at all." Wiser words have not been said by philosophers since the time of Socrates.

A while back I expressed my liking in a post for a certain zombie soap opera entitled the Walking Dead. I've watched it from the beginning and haven't missed an episode. And then one of the guys who stops by here once in a while, Nazz, mentioned that the show was nothing compared to the comic book. Well of course, no show/movie ever lives up to the book, but a comic book. So, trusting his opinion, you can read it at
Bleedin' Out (I do all the time), I searched high and low for this fabled comic book. Well with the TV series, most of the comic books are pretty spendy so I thought my best bet was to get the Compendium which compiles the 1sr 48 issues. The best price I could find for this 5 pound 1000 page monster was used for $30 and I am a cheap broke bastard. Finally gave in though, the new show doesn't start until next Fall so WTF and FTW. Well sure as shit Nazz was right as rain, the comic shreds. The art is gory and well done, and the story is more brutal than the show. I don't want to blow it for you in case you take my word for it, but there's tons more people and tons more killing, a real contradiction to the pacifist in me. Finished that bad boy off in a few days, a now the Compendium 2 isn't due out until next Fall and who knows how long I'll have to wait for a "cheap" used copy to turn up. Check it out.
Can't have a post without music, it just doesn't fly with me, and besides you have to have something to comment on besides my inanity. This tune was originally by the legendary early 80s Swedish hardcore band Unter Den Linden, you can find the original at my buddy Peter's
Killed By Death blog and covered by
Pilleemandjoonks (PDJ), who share at least one member (Bjorn, where I got the tune) with UDL. This is live from 2005...
Pilleemandjoonks - Little boys
...a translation of the lyrics so's you don't think it's some kind of pederast song,
I’m tired of living like a bomb
I want to detonate before theirs
I’m tired so tired
And I longing for the D-day
In one thousand and one night we will explode
You ain’t got a chance
We are four billions of bombs
And you are demolished
In one thousand and one night we going to lead a hell of a life
Try to sleep……
Sleep well!
Never trust a bomb
Was it not fireworks you wanted?
Little Boys, Fat Boys !
COMING SOON: The Underlings new CD review in all it's glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment