Friday, January 18, 2013

The Creatures - Miss the Girl 7"

netherageDon't think I've been that angry since I used to have my drink on.  Surprised I didn't get my ass kicked more often...I really deserved it, it's like they say...stupidity should be painful.

My Gramps sent me a couple of jokes (it just tickles me that he uses email)...

It was mealtime during an airline flight. 'Would you like dinner?' , the flight attendant asked John, seated in front, 'What are my choices?' John asked. 'Yes or no,' she replied.

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store but she couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, ' Do these turkeys get any bigger?' The stock boy replied, 'No ma'am, they're dead...'

Didn't get into the Creatures (Siouxsie and drummer Budgie) until a few years after I got into Siouxsie and the Banshees in the mid 80's. There was this girl named Anna who was a long time LA punk scenester (she dated Rene from the Iconoclast and one of the older brother crowd of punks from my high school, Norman) and I will forever be thankful for her getting me into Siouxsie and the Mob (UK). She was over 21 so it was real common for us high school punks to go over to her apartment to hang out and drink beer. Great person, I wish I was still in touch with her and hope that whatever she is doing she is happy.  We've done S&tB at least once here at MR and I mentioned that one of the best shows I had ever been to, was seeing them in 1987 (I was in a complete and total state of awe, completely forgot about the hottie I was with...wonder what she's doing today too).   The Creatures first found their way in my speakers, around that time, buy way of another friend, this one from college, Dawn.  My fondest moments with Dawn (I had a long running crush on her) were cleaning her dorm room (that she shared with another long time friend, Cathy) in all hours of the night, with the assistance of some of the finest speed Humboldt had to offer.  Last I spoke to Dawn she was a lawyer in Washington DC while Clinton was president and told me she didn't blame Monica as he was a real stud.  Cathy I wore out my welcome with about 10 years ago when I was drinking REAL heavy, and would pull the classic drunk maneuver and call at all hours of the night to boo hoo about how miserable life was.  So sadly both those friends too are just memories and all I can do is hope that they found happiness in life.  Anyway Dawn was a huge Siouxsie fan (looked like her a little bit) and I dubbed a shit ton of S&tB stuff that she had, onto cassettes as a result (I have very few S&tB LPs, just a shit ton of 7"s).  Dawn suggested I look into the Creatures and I quickly found their "Feast" album used at People's Records there in Arcata.  Very tribal sounding stuff, as you would expect with music centered around drums and vocals.  Budgie is an eclectic drummer, while Siouxsie is a dreamy singer so it works well. Pretty much what you get though is a more artsy S&tB. Miss the Girl Hot Springs in the Snow

 

The Creatures with John Cale.. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE3kOFu3a00&w=420&h=315]

Real old (77-8?) S&tB shit... [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4B-WrsDoM&w=420&h=315]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO70K6yx8zo&w=420&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment