Sunday, February 10, 2013

Econochrist - It Runs Deep 7"

Steve BuscemiSaint DonnieSteve Buschemi is one hell of an actor, not sure which flick this is from (I should).  All of his Coen Brothers stuff, 6 films I believe (one of the highlights being "Donnie" in The Big Lebowski), are worth seeing...loved him as "Mr Pink" in Tarentino's Reservoir Dogs too. A link out of the blue here, something that interests me being an old philosophy/religious studies major.  My mom found this site that gives you back round, translation and actual scans of the Dead Sea Scrolls...nerdy stuff I find interesting. Another little something out of the blue...these guys have done a million and one covers...loved the original and their cover ain't half bad either... Melvins - Candy-O One more piece of information to solidify the apparent randomness of this post (you should try crawling into my brain, a very hectic place).  Just stopped by one of my favorite sites, Kill Your Pet Puppy (there's so few left if you've bothered to check my links), and ran across a band called Nocturnal Emissions. Described as a band akin to SPK or Whitehouse, I had to give them a listen...accurate description. Well worth your time if early electronic meanderings is your thing. You can give all their stuff a listen and support the band by purchasing their releases at their Bandcamp. EC4Saw these guys at the Gilman in about 1988 playing with Capitol Punishment, et al...may have mentioned that before. My buddy and fellow band mate Steve and I, were at the show and it was the single reason we got our first band together. Watched them and CP, both bands shredded and looked like they were having so much fun that we figured we could do something like that, who doesn't want to have fun. This is their first release from 1988 and to be honest their BEST stuff. Classic west coast hardcore punk with just a bit of that bay area poppiness thrown in.  Listening to this record again after all these year, it's great stuff, but it's not as good as I remember it.  I guess I'm too far removed from that space in time and it was all about that moment.  Still one of my favorite records...

It Runs Deep Can't I Think For Yourself Camouflage Blind Faith Fuck Your American Dream Ignorance

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Gmz9ggLgg&w=560&h=315]

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjNukQrC4z0&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment