
Giuseppe, who is the driving force behind the incarnation that is
Glanko, contacted MR to see what I thought of his music. Kinda cool because I'm starting to get more electronic music which coincides with my own efforts to educate myself in that huge scene. Upon first listen I wrote to him that I "Love your music/compositions...sadly beautiful...powerful." There a classical feel to the music, compositions rather than songs, but I could relate. He described the sound as "electronic experimental music." The labels on his Bandcamp page describe it as "classical music electronic ambient avantgarde experimental electronic idm experimental down-tempo psychedelic." In the broadest sense, industrial, but to be specific, industrial music has come a long ways in the almost 40 years it has been around. Glanko (cool name by that way, not sure if it means something in Italian) is very easy to listen to, a kick back and sort of drink it in type of thing, well thought out, rhythmic and atmospheric. It's not angry, the way I like my industrial music, but it's eerie, it would make a great soundtrack to a futuristic action movie during the suspenseful parts. All in all a great listen. On top of the
Bandcamp page, there is also a
Facebook. Give it a spin...
http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2374500180/size=small/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/transparent=true/
In my search for additional info, I found this comp that Glanko is on...both tunes on here are represented above...
[archiveorg id=siro645LynchKingsleyScarletMothLaneyCorlehanGlanko-60MgOf width=500 height=30]
Had to post one tune on my own dime, so you can mull it over a bit...
Telekommand A
No comments:
Post a Comment