
It looks like one of my absolute favorite bands,
Melt-Banana, are coming out with a new record October 1st. Was a little concerned when I heard the concept, just Yako (Vox) and Agata (Guitars) on this one, no Rika (Bass) (all the reading I did on this thing came up with no answers as to what happened to her) and no one playing drums. This is something akin to the previous album with just Yako and Agata as Melt-Banana Lite. I'm one who has a hard time accepting change, especially when it comes to an incarnation I was totally content with and the band has struck out in new territory here. Yako's voice is still very recognizable and Agata's sound is still there somewhat, with the addition of heavy synth type noodlings and drum machine mayhem. Overall, I'd say that this is a little more catchy than most of their stuff and isn't quite so balls to the wall, but that doesn't mean they don't get loose though. As with anything compose by these two, they are heavy on the originality. You can stream the whole album at
Spin Magazine, of all places. As I said this thing becomes a physical entity on October 1st, a good starting place to get it would be at their label,
A-Zap, but you may want to wait a bit for it to hit distributors a little closer to home. They are supporting this with a US tour, check out the dates at
Revolver USA. Below is the taste they gave the world prior to the Spin thing...
[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/109110803" params="" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
No comments:
Post a Comment