
Time for a little pre-Christmas uncharacteristic harshness.
Dissecting Table is a relatively new discovery for me, sometime during my escapades educating myself in the general Industrial genre several months ago. Must've been one of the few blogs or forums specializing in Industrial music that I was following at the time. I made my Brother Sang a mixed CD of some of the music in that genre that I had run across, since he was the one who first exposed me to it, way back when. He responded by telling me that he really liked two songs of the 20 or so on the CD, one of those was by Dissecting Table. That song came off their/his first release, a 7", from 1986. I had looked up the band/guy on
Discogs, who describe the band as "the exclusive brainchild of Ichiro Tsuji, who is also the head of the UPD Organization label," and that first 7" is pretty pricey. I did discover that his 2nd 7", released 11 years later (the guy has 5 pages worth of releases on Discogs), had a remix of that same tune and was much more affordable. Picked that bad boy up and was blown the fuck away. Having listened to a lot of his other stuff, this is some of his harshest, yet most cadenced compositions, he's got quite the variety of sounds, tending more towards what some would define as noise. I prefer this brutal stuff, it's akin to some of my favorite stuff in the genre, namely early SPK (the first several 7"s, side one of Auto Da Fe). Angry, desperate, Cookie Monster vocals (I have no idea what he saying, and really even what language it's in), backed by hyper electronic mayhem. It's a non-stop assault. Only 700 of these bad boys pressed, most of his releases are very limited, some less that a dozen made, but I highly recommend going to his
UPD Organization to see if you can't support him and pick up some hard copies for yourself. For further listening, tending towards the less rhythmic, noise side of things, check out his
Soundcloud. Get to it...
Why
Camouflage (New Recording Track)

Like the old days round here, felt like that just was not enough of this out of this world excellent artist and composer. Here's that 1st 7" (the rip is not mine, as I said I can not afford this thing, but some other nameless forgotten soul did the world a service and ripped it for us) "Ultimate Psychological Description" in all of it's savage ferocity...
Accomplishment
I Get My Slogan
Silent Violence
Camouflage
No comments:
Post a Comment