Monday, February 24, 2014

Heroic Struggles - I'm Life

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBGMbjgD6TU&w=560&h=315] I may have posted this vid in the form of a Youtube link, but it has since died or been removed. I take a holistic approach (sometimes linear) and as is often the case, have come full circle. I love this song and the whole vibe, everything about it just screams LA post-punk of the absolute finest. Back then I was in the habit of recording random videos that I'd run across and being so stoked when I got this one. It satisfied my inner self pitying new waver. It's Heroic Struggles doing "I'm Life" (I think that's the title of the tune, from what Peter Ivers says at the beginning) and as far as I can tell this was a short lived project that morphed into the band Outer Circle. The guy at Systems of Romance has their self titled 12" up for your listening pleasure and the comments are worth reading to get a little intel on the band. It's some far out stuff, unfortunately their next release is more polished and not weird enough for me. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOEjyPFrmo&w=560&h=315] If you're into this kind of stuff check out this extensive homemade LA post-punk comp at Scavenged Luxury. On a side note, the vid is from New Wave Theatre, which was a cable access show that played back in the early 80's, hosted by a very interesting guy, Peter Ivers

No comments:

Post a Comment