
The internet is my link to the outside world and you can find me almost randomly wandering that world frequently (especially when the wife is working the late shift...when she's home we watch movies). I enjoy my self imposed isolation and all the perks of country living, but I also enjoy living vicariously, on a never ending quest to entertain and educate myself. Plus the internet is how I keep in touch with my friends who themselves have landed all over the globe. Youtube has always been a source of enjoyment and learning, mostly listening to music, but so many other paths lead to that site. Lately it's all about watching animated shorts (Youtube is not one of the sites the administrator has blocked at work...Mustard Relics on the other hand, has been blocked). These animated shorts take me back to the college days, going to the Arcata Minor Theatre for their animation festivals. Even back then the shorts were perfect for me and, my need to be immediately and succinctly amused. From the gory to hilarious, the deep to fleeting, these festivals were guaranteed to please. Just by the nature of them being a collection of shorts, if one sucked (which was rare), it would be over quickly and on to the next. These days, by virtue of the internet and Youtube the supply is endless, although you didn't have to suffer through commercials (but a guy's got to make a buck). Anyway, here's two I recently ran across, that were particularly good (I'll see if I can remember to post some of my faves from time to time)...
"Sebastian's Voodoo"
[video width="640" height="360" mp4="http://mustard-relics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Sebastians-Voodoo.mp4"][/video]
"Mighty Antlers"
[video width="640" height="360" mp4="http://mustard-relics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Mighty-Antlers-от-The-Animation-Workshop.mp4"][/video]
No comments:
Post a Comment