
Parenting is probably the toughest job there is and the easiest thing to fail at. Raising a kid is no fucking joke, although parents range from laughable to pathetic. For about half of my son's life I chose the distilled bottle over being anything that resembled a Father. Overall I would rate my performance as a low C. On the plus side the gifts that I did give took the form of a love of the written word and a love for music. That is the bare minimum that I could do, and really for every parent out there, those should be required. They were two of the gifts given to me. This here record features one of my favorite artists (who himself was reputed to be a less than stellar Father) doing original lullabies. It's 1956 and what a parent might cuddle up with their child and sing may have changed, but the sentiment is still there. If you have a little one, play these tunes for them, maybe you can plant a seed...
Grass-y Grass Grass
Swimm-y Swim Swim
Little Sack Of Sugar
Rattle My Rattle
I Want My Milk
Grow Grow Grow
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 Day 2 Day 3 Days Old
Wash-y Wash Wash
I'll Eat You I'll Drink You
Make A Bubble
Who's My Pretty Baby
Write A Word
In case you want to pass these on to someone else and their little one, here's the whole thing...Woody Guthrie - Songs To Grow On For Mother And Child
No comments:
Post a Comment