Sunday, May 18, 2014

Missles of October - Don't Panic LP

MoB1Blown away in all kinds of ways with this release. I know I'm like a mother bird sometimes, regurgitating for her young, but this is how you you do art for your music. First impressions count, hell I used to buy records based on their covers alone. I don't know who did this art (obviously a master at creating emotion), but these boys from Bruxelles, Belgium know how to put a face on their music. So when I got around to listening to the actual tunes from Missles of October, my expectations where high, but I'll be damned if these guys don't deliver, a truckload of freaking sound. In the email I got from them, which was both in French and English, they didn't waste a lot of time going on about themselves, it was mostly links to their tunes. I like that, let your music speak for you. Here's the little bit they had to say, missiles"Missiles of October (Be) is a band formed in beginning of 2012 by: Bob Seytor (from Rotyes, Contingent (1st punk belgium punk!!!), ex-Walpurgis), Mathias Salas (Rotyes, Frau Blucher and the drunken horses, ex-galvanized), Lionel Beyet ([P.U.T], ex-Monster Eaters, No Hope for All // Boss of P.O.G.O. records since 1993) These 3 there play a dirty rock, heavy and powerful! sludge vs punk vs noise! for fans of Unsane, Les thugs, Mc Lusky, Unwound..." I told myself (I talk to myself a lot) the other day that with these reviews, I was going to say a little something about how the band makes me feel. With these guys I feel hope, the kind some sort of revolutionary feels when fighting for a cause. These guys are the hope for modern hard music. You could probably put them under the greater hardcore umbrella, they are very aggressive, but they also have sort of a metallic Am Rep sound, if you can imagine that. Good solid musicians, hard hitting, mixing up the tempos. There's some variety to the tunes, they don't all sound the same, so it stays interesting from beginning to end. They are on Pogo Records, but you can buy this as a hard copy or digital from their Bandamp, where you can also download their previous ep for free, plus listen to your heart's content. This song hit me just right... "Addiction" [audio mp3="http://mustard-relics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/08.Missiles-of-October-B3_Addiction.mp3"][/audio] http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=490685085/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/artwork=small/transparent=true/

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Zwt_Q4jZQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment