Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Thundering Asteroids - live on KBOO 08/11/14

KBOOJust a short one here, it's been a while, but as I've been hinting at, my spare internet time has been spent on this Electro-Comp CD that's in the works. More word on that is coming soon as it's expected to be released at the end of September. As far as this post, sometimes less is more, hence you get less babbling on my part and more killer music. The Thundering Asteroids are this powerhouse of a melodic, hardcore-ish Portland band that will make you stomp your feet and put a smile on your face. My old friend and bandmate is now on guitar, that's how I found out about them, and the other day I had the joy of listening to them do a live set on Portland's KBOO 90.7 FM. I love live in studio radio sets (I thank Mr. John Peel for that), it's a very specific sound/energy/quality you can get out of a band. Well TA tore shit up, I had perma-grin, so what better thing to do than to bring a smile to you. I will warn you, BEWARE...the first song is so catchy it'll catch your pants on fire!!! Goblin King Voight Kampff Test Scott Pilgrim vs. My Heart Sexy Lamp Hit It and Crit Nuke the Site From Orbit If you dig these tunes, go visit KBOO 90.7 FM (where you kind find mountains of archives) and Thundering Asteroids (the fine folks making this joyful racket)...

No comments:

Post a Comment