Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tina Frasier Memorial 2014

I was not close friends with Tina, but more of an acquaintance. I don't remember much about her except that I would see her around at all the shows, but I know that she was a long time Humboldt County scenster. It was the cancer that got her and it affected a lot of folx up in that area. So my buddy James, another big part of the Humboldt scene for decades, sent me a CD the other day with lots of cool Humshit that I will be sharing in the upcoming months, among them this comp, that I'm assuming he made. This is just a sampling of Humboldt bands, really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the talent coming outta that place over the decades, a lot of them you can get more of here at MR.  31 songs and right at the 80 minute mark make it a nice hefty listen and would fit perfectly on a CDr so you can play it in your jalopy... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=215ziVtbxSY&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment