
Another one of those posts of random shit a virtual hoarder might pick up in his travels across cyberspace, footprints you might say, through an intangible land of very real ideas. This first one is of a deleted scene from season 4 of the Walking Dead that I've been meaning to share for quite some time, now that we are already at the end of season 5. Not sure why they deleted it, some great acting in my amateur opinion, but maybe the world is not ready for a concept like "stumping". I wonder how many good scenes end up on the cutting room floor. Of the 4 characters in the scene, 3 are dead now...
[video width="640" height="360" mp4="http://mustard-relics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/The-Walking-Dead-Season-4-Deleted-Scene-Ep.-408.mp4"][/video]

Despite my clean and sober state, I'm not ashamed to say that I wouldn't mind a bongload (just don't feel herb fits into the category of something somebody needs to get clean from) or a couple caps and stems (ditto) every now and again. I remember this one time trippin', not sure if it was shrooms or acid or both, but I was on the second floor of the Jolly Giant Commons at HSU, in this room that students could use for whatever. My buddy Senon's reggae band was playing and they had this awesome paisley carpet in the room that was just swimming like crazy. I don't know how long I stared at the floor in utter amazement. These here GIFs, similarly (but no where near as powerfully), just blow my mind, I'm like a deer in the headlights when it come to trippin' on them. There's a whole gang of similar ones at this
IFL Science page, this one being one of my faves.
"Patti Smith you're napalm..."
[video width="320" height="240" mp4="http://mustard-relics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Patti-Smith-Group-SNL-Gloria.mp4"][/video]

I go through moods with music. I mean I can appreciate a good tune at any time, but there always seems to be a genre that I'm focused on for weeks at a time. I end up looking for information about that genre, what defines it, then seek out the big players in that scene and then finally see if I can't find some of the more underground acts. This time round, it was
Doom Metal which apparently encompasses, traditional, epic, stoner, sludge, funeral, death, drone, and black doom. Really enjoyed hunting down all this music and injecting it into my brain, and ran across a hefty amount of heaviness. According to Wikipedia, believe it or not, this song is what you would call proto-doom, the one that started it all...
The Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy).
So anyway, after all that Easter egg hunt of doom, got in the mood to make a mix tape of various bands spanning 40 years that I found quite enjoyable. 80 minutes...
Stoner Mix

There's three radio stations I listen to here in the wasteland that Northest West Kansas, all fit into the classic rock/oldies category. One of them, at 9am every morning has the
Bluesmobile with Dan Akroid/Elwood Blues, where they focus on one blues artist, usually on that person's birthday, do a little historical spiel and then play a tune. Sometimes instead of Elwood, it's a lady who goes by the handle C. C. Rider. The other day C. C. was talking about how Pink Floyd got their name and of course you get Pink Anderson. The song they played in all of it's proto-rock n roll glory, blew me away...
Pink Anderson & Simmie Dooley - CC&O Blues
No comments:
Post a Comment