Friday, October 4, 2024

Did you disassociate?


 "Sending out 10 of these stickers to various Relics I know and I would please like a picture of the sticker (stuck or not) somewhere in your life or imagination…gonna post your images on the blog
My email is XXXXXXXXXX…pretty please with a smile for all y’all!"

If I don't have your address I couldn't send ya a sticker,
but if you you'd like a couple, pictures optional, but appreciated,
then please let me know :)


Fucking around with AI and Seanocide's Pushead lettering!
The blog header at the moment is that same lettering,
and a pic courtesy of my long time Kansas captive pal, Kristi


February 17, 1927 was when this one was released
97 fucking years old and I think it stands the test of time
I'm sure it's been posted before, but this time we can all sing along,
someone kindly posted the lyrics.
By the way "pills" were little balls of opium,
and Old Mostaza used to love an "after-date"

Have you ever heard about Willie the Weeper?
Had a job as a chimney sweeper
He had the dope habit and he had it bad
Listen while I tell you about a dream he had
~
He went down to the dope shop one Saturday night
He knew the lights would all be burning bright
Well I guess he smoked a dozen pills or more
When he woke up he was on a foreign shore
~
The Queen of Sheba was the first he met
She called him lovey-dovey and honey pet
She gave him a great big automobile
With a diamond headlight and a golden wheel
~
Down in Honolulu Willie fell in a trance
Seein' the dusky beauties do the Hula dance
His sweetie got in jail and Willie sure did shout
When he got the news that she had wiggled out
~
He landed with a splash in the river Nile
Ridin' on a seagoin' crocodile
He winked at Cleopatra, she said "Ain't he a sight"
'n' he said, "How 'bout a date for next Saturday night?"
~
He had a million cattle and he had a million sheep
Had a million vessels on the ocean deep
Had a million dollars all in nickels and dimes
Well he knew because he counted it a thousand times
~
He landed in New York one evenin’ late
He asked his sugar for an after-date
Started to kiss her and she started to pout
When bang-blang!
And the dope gave out


Don't think I've posted Creepin' Jenny before,
definitely not this version,
but I have enlightened the five real people that come to the blog
(and the multitude of bots),
as to the amazing Pack A.D.
This is/was one of my favorite two piece bands!


Old Mostaza was a stoner in 9th grade...hahah. 
Miss Harley, the Librarian, said that we both looked stoned in the picture, 
I was and pretty sure she probably knew it.


Speedwhore!
Their name alone was enough to give them a spin.
Elliott, are you out there bud...thoughts?
Pretty generic thrash/speed metal kinda stuff,
but I dug some of the tunes for the intricacies and tempo changes.
Not too into the falsetto screams, 
but dude also sports an impressive growl.


My dear friend, Jess Hilliard on bass, and Mr Al Sobrante on drums, in The Shatners!


If I have posted this one before,
I probably talked about how amazing it was/is.
A gift to humanity.


Disassociate!


Truth!
Hugs to all y'all...night-night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always out here...somewhere! Speedwhore is really good. Nothing amazing, but really fun in that speed/thrash sound. Been digging a lot of bands like Midnight and Deathhammer lately. PS I haven't sent you my new address. We moved again sinse last year, 2 whole miles away! Still in the high desert. Hot as hell, but the food can't be beat. Glad you're still around! I read, just been super busy lately.

    ReplyDelete