I know that smoking cigs is stupid, rolling my own these days, but I'm old and I remember when everyone was stupid...hahah. In '94 I smoked on a plane on the Venezuelan airlines...have to say though that was way worse than smoking in a bar back in those days. If you don't smoke now, then consider yourself on the right side of life, at least in that one respect. Killed my Moms and will probably kill me too. I know some folks might say, well just quit and to them I say, I don't feel like it :--) I know what it took to quit the hooch and that is a deep seeded desire to quit. Some folks got it, others don't. In fact, to some it's innate, for others it requires effort and circumstance. Anyway, I'm not a model guy but I love this pic...apolgies for no credit, can't rightly remember when I got it.
One of the best riffs ever (exclamation point). Fom 00:07 to when the bass kicks in about a minute slater, it's like fucking BAM!!! So much different form '68s Book of Taliesyn album, which is also a badass record in it's own right? BTW...best lyric ever, "some stupid with a flare gun"
Not a fake smile when I think about how rad RKL were
Think I posted this song way back on the old blog, but this is a diffferent early version...remember this one from when I was a wee lad. Gets played out in the stadiums during sporting events, but still a badass tune for '73.
In Humboldt 1987? photo by Will Harper...wonder what happened to old Will, but somewhere in the college days lost touch with him
These guys are rock and roll gods as far as I'm concerned...fuck everyone except the Old Lady Drivers!
Yours truly also by Will Harper
VERY Rob Zombie-esque for whatever that's worth, but I dig it and the chorus hooked me in, because the devil has indeed "gotten the best of me" a few too many times. My guardian angel has gotten me out of many pickes, but I have always had choices and making good ones at times has not been my forte. Live and learn...right?
Fucking loved Will Sampson...name that flic if you're checking this out and you are under, let's say, 30!
Now this was the phenomena of Bad Religion...hardcore-fucking-punk with bitchen vocals and lyics...
I show pity on the human race,
On the ignorant plenty who devote their lives
To an icon that they've never known.
I show pity on eons past,
When early man started the first civilization
And human aggression was born.
I show pity on the future to come,
When the government system will be omnipotent
And we'll be worse off... than we are now!
Pity, pity, on the billions of ignorant people.
Pity, pity, on the masses of aggression.
Pity, pity, on the future centuries to come,
on the billions of ignorant people,
on the future centuries to come,
on the masses of aggression.
It's all a matter of looking at the past.
It's all a question, are we gonna last?
If we endure the aggression that's inside all of us
We'll wipe out our own species and thus... the world!
Pity!
Pity on...
on the masses of aggression,
on the billions of ignorant people,
on the future centuries to come,
on the masses of ignorant people,
on the future centuries to come.




No comments:
Post a Comment