Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Nikoteens

SkaterThis was me in Jr. High School, in the early 80s, going back and forth the several miles between home and school.  I was never a pool/ramp rider or trickster, it was strictly my mode of transportation.  Still have that heavy ass deck in the garage.

I have lots more Humboldt hardcore to post but I thought I'd switch it up a bit and run some music off of an old tape I had.  I always new them as the Nikoteens but that old pothead druggie alcoholic paranoid thing has me wondering if that's who it really is just because some old buddy says it was.  Actually I'm almost positive.  I did some research but couldn't find much.  I think these songs came off of the Hardcore Holocaust LP, pictured above or the Skateboard Holocaust tape.  I guess the label they were on later released a lot of nazi stuff but these guys were just skaters.  That's why I always liked them, because they sang songs about skating and just plain ripped.  If anyone knows anything else like which recording this is, song titles and any info about the band let me know and I will edit this post.  Thanx and I hope you enjoy a song or two.

EDIT: This post was written early on in the history of this blog, was going to clean it up, but instead just added found YT clips of the tunes that are gone because I don't have a server anymore.  This guy untermensch tv has a shit ton of tapes and whatnot uploaded there...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYjGMWAZ9-0]

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtbjaCjVM0]

No comments:

Post a Comment