My buddie Gage had mentioned the Bad Brains, an all black band, as being better than 99% of hardcore bands. I thought I'd do a short post on Kittie, an all female band, that was better than 99% of metal bands. I got to see them in San Diego around 2000 or 2001 touring with their first album Spit. I have their second album but it's not as good as the first. We went with a pretty big crew of guys back when I was drunk just about every minute of every day. Oh God I was a loser. Anyway they played at some club in Mission Beach where there was no dancing allowed with some other new metal band that's kinda big now I think (I was pretty drunk). The lead singer of this band was pretty dramatic with a bald head and coming out on stage to start the set with a straight jacket on. They played my least favorite kind of metal which I call pop grindcore. Now Kittie brought me out of my drunken stupor and really had me listening. All female bands can be a novelty act but these are really solid musicians. Give this song a listen and see what you think. I'm not posting the whole album because I don't want to do that with stuff that is still in print.
No comments:
Post a Comment