Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pictures

EDIT:  This is a very old post that for God knows what reason, someone visited today and when I went to see what they were seeing, the post was all jacked up...couldn't have that as these photos are pretty cool if you were one of my pals in Humboldt circa '91 or so... This is what I had to say in the original post, "I'm at work right now but I had a few requests for pictures that some of you will recognize.  Here's what I got on the work computer.  Don't forget to do some scanning and send me some pics too." dainslabeThis was my Brother Dave Slam and I, pretty sure it was up at our place in Kneeland. Some great times with him up there, fucking great friend. Anybody else get put in a chokehold by him when he was really drunk. I miss and tried to call him and email him, but like everybody these days, he's busy with his own life and reconnecting with me is not a priority. I have several people that I would like to reconnect with, some of those folks are in the pics that follow. Not because I'm being overly nostalgic (just a little bit), but these were good people, enough to call them friends at one time and you just can not surround yourself with too many good, quality people.  I have a few people that I am close to here in my self imposed isolation in NoWhere Kansas, but there's a hell of a lot of folks who have a fucked interpretation of Christianity (love is not a bad thing) and are rabidly far right to the point of blind fascism.  It's probably the same wherever you're at it just seems like around here the smallest minds have the biggest mouths and all that... groupMyself, Dave "the Mechanic" (don't remember his last name, but he was a helluva good pal and house mate at the Flesh House...taught me how to pop wheelies in a wheel chair), Jeong Sang Ho (awesome human being, lived with Sang in three different houses, couldn't have a closer long lost Brother) and then Dave Slam. This was at the dunes during the Kinetic Sculpture Race, beer and frisbees were a common theme that year... group3My Turks Plumbing truck in the driveway of the flesh house (I was changing the oil)...Jason Powers (still in touch via fucking FB), myself, Kathy Meuter (lost contact with her at the end of the last millennium, she told me to fuck off, which I do not fault her for as I was calling her at all hours of the night boohooing wasted off my ass saying all kinds of crazy shit...I hope she's dong well), Steve Bohner (still sporadically in touch with my old pal and fellow band mate, in fact the drummer of all three bands I played in...very happy for all his hard won success in life...as Spock would say, "live long and prosper), Dave Slam, (flesh house resident) Dave "the Mechanic", Shawn (another flesh house resident and another good friend lost to the winds of time, last I heard, maybe 20 years ago, he was married and had a successful high end landscaping business), and last but not least Kira the dog (Steve's)... sangMy bro Sang and good friend (and secret crush) Lori (who is married someplace back east from what I can glean of her tiny bit of fucking FB presence (on the campus of Humboldt State University, back when everybody fucken smoked... IM000921.JPGLiam and I at my Mom's house around Christmas time 2007...

No comments:

Post a Comment