Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sherry's Flappin' Mams (SFM)

Brendon and PapaWell, I have gotten some good responses from my friends and I hope that keeps going on.  I was busy this weekend visiting my father in law who is dying of cancer.  As some of you may know I ran over and killed my dog a couple of weeks ago, so my life has that country song thing going.  On a good note I want to confirm that one of our old posse, Sang is now a father.  Brendon Shirakowa Jeong (I'm not positive that I spelled that middle name right but it is his wife's maiden name).  Brendon and Papa DaveIf you didn't know Slam Daveis also a dad to twin boysSlam’s Boys.  I can't remember their names right now, help me out Slam.  Ed recently became a father again too.

Alex recently sent me a pretty cool that photo, so I decided to post some music from SFM (Students From Marin).  I loved these guys and wish they would have lasted a bit longer.  I asked Gage to help me out and write something on the band.

"Formed out of booze and drug soaked boredom, Students From Marin began in 1990 (?) and played around Humboldt for just under a year. Dave Atlas on guitar was and is most likely still a little bitch. Sherri Frost, drums, was a sweet, local drunken drummer gal. Gage did the vocals and was a premature balding meth addicted pizza delivery man and bartender suffering from an identity crisis. Chuck agreed to play bass because he and Gage were drug buddies. Humboldt legend Marten Bradley was a part time member of SFM filling in on bass for a few shows and practices when Chuck wasn't around.  Sherri got married and moved to Seattle. Dave Atlas moved onto Frisco and then back to his hometown of San Diego. Chuck delivers beer in the Sacramento area and is married with a couple kids. Gage got off drugs and is now addicted to money and living in his native Los Angeles. Marten lives on a big ranch in Santa Cruz that his family has owned for 100 years and is very popular with the ladies in several Bay Area area codes. "

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyhzRJqaQmQ&w=560&h=315]

Art

No comments:

Post a Comment