Was going to do a Brent's TV post to go with the whole Humboldt thing but it can be very time consuming to do the editing and whatnot of a cassette, to put it on the computer. Instead how about a nice easy CD, hell those just rip themselves. We used to call bands like Brent's TV and Sopa De La Ropa "art fag" bands. Not the most PC or flattering term, for what amounts to pretty fucking good music (in the case of both bands). I still have some guilt over the fact that I was so judgmental, but I always loved the music and supported the bands. Ryan, was a good buddy of mine in the band, that's how I got the CD.
I really liked Ryan, very talented, all around nice guy, hope he is somewhere out there happy and successful. Was secretly sweet on his Sister, Sarah, extremely cool, beautiful lady, but that has been the theme since I was a kid, being sweet on my friends' Sisters...hahaha. Anyway, I partied with these guys on a few occasions, but I don't remember if I saw them live, the late 90s are little hazy. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think I did see them, but that may have just been listening to Ryan jam tunes on his guitar. Before uploading this to the tube, did some checking to see if these tunes were available anywhere, but absolutely nothing on a google search...nothing on discogs too, which doesn't surprise me, this thing is way underground. My favorite tune is "Girlfriend" which is at the 10:25 mark...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trqRn2mWSY]
No comments:
Post a Comment